Raptors Discussion: v93 | Panic level rising significantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I wonder if Masai and Giannis have plans to link up in a non Toronto non Milwaukee destination. Both seem non committal and willing to slow roll to free agency.

man would that be a double dagger. But I could see it.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I am not really in love with this team on paper going into the season. Siakam is probably not a #1 option on a contender. Kinda fell out of love with him after the Boston series. What do you guys think?

Reactions: Stylizer1

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I am not really in love with this team on paper going into the season. Siakam is probably not a #1 option on a contender. Kinda fell out of love with him after the Boston series. What do you guys think?
I think you are judging him too early based on one playoff series. He isn't a #1 on a contender your right, but thats not the point this season. This is a transition year.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016

I watched an interview with Nurse... the bubble was f***ing with Siakam and his mental health is much better now... he’s happy again

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Vancity2HFax

May 22, 2016
Canada
Apparently Siakam didn’t touch a basketball for a couple months during the pause. I expect him to get back to his usual self.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
This isn't a very good team anymore, it's a good team. Which, unfortunately, isn't good enough. Interested to see what changes come next offseason.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
man would that be a double dagger. But I could see it.

Where, though?

Dallas? I think Masai values having complete control, and while I think Cuban is a good owner, he's not one to sit back and let someone else make all the decisions.
Golden State? Bob Myers is the guy there.
Miami? He's not working under Riley.
Lakers? They have a Championship winning group.
Knicks? They just hired Rose, and nobody really wants to work for Dolan.
Clippers? Not after they just signed George.

We know Washington wants Masai, and I could see that if he wants political clout for his other projects, but what in the world would be in it for Giannis?

There's not many realistic options, unless something major changes (like Riley retiring).

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

He's a #2 on a championship level team imo. His defence alone keeps him on the floor even when terrible offensively. If Giannis signs here though I don't like the fit with him and Siakam.

The East has gotten a lot better over the past couple years and this coming season will be the toughest in a while. I can't remember the last time the East was this deep with the: Bucks, Nets, Celtics, Heat, Sixers, Pacers and Hawks all looking like legit playoff teams with the Raptors somewhere in that group.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Any thoughts of trading Lowry if we're gonna be a bottom 4 seed?
Maybe he comes back on a one year stopgap deal in case Flynn needs more time.

Feel like competing this year isn't beneficial in the long run.
Take a step back and let the young core learn and develop more.
Adding another pick or prospect for Lowry + a decent top 10ish pick would be great.

If we land Giannis somehow then we're contending but without, we've likely drafted some more core pieces to add to the build of FVF, OG, Siakim and Flynn.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Any thoughts of trading Lowry if we're gonna be a bottom 4 seed?
Maybe he comes back on a one year stopgap deal in case Flynn needs more time.

Feel like competing this year isn't beneficial in the long run.
Take a step back and let the young core learn and develop more.
Adding another pick or prospect for Lowry + a decent top 10ish pick would be great.

If we land Giannis somehow then we're contending but without, we've likely drafted some more core pieces to add to the build of FVF, OG, Siakim and Flynn.

If we take too big of a step back I don't see us as an attractive free agent destination.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

This team isnt great. Theyll be a bottom 4 seed with an outside chance of winning a series on the back of Nurse and experience.

This season should be considered a development year and potentially a stop gap year waiting for Giannis.

They lost their bench depth, Lowry is a year older and they added no impact players this offseason.

Get the kids feet wet and build a team deep with complimentary pieces until they can land someone elite in free agency.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
This team isnt great. Theyll be a bottom 4 seed with an outside chance of winning a series on the back of Nurse and experience.

This season should be considered a development year and potentially a stop gap year waiting for Giannis.

They lost their bench depth, Lowry is a year older and they added no impact players this offseason.

Get the kids feet wet and build a team deep with complimentary pieces until they can land someone elite in free agency.
Agreed, this at best will be a transition year.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Flynn looks like a huge steal somehow confident in that after 2 preseason games

I have solely watched these games to see how how Flynn looked. To me he seems confident, great defensively and I agree a steal.

Reminds me a little of FVV when he first came to the Raps but a little more confident out of the gate. Fred took some time to get used to organization and role. But this kid looks ready to go. If this season ends up being a transition year, one that we make the playoffs but wanting to see growth from the team left over after the year. I wouldnt hesitate to deal Lowry immediately and give the point guard minutes to FVV, Flynn and Davis. Stock the cupboard with some draft picks and expiring contract to help this year but I believe that we have FVV to mentor Flynn and Lowry becomes redundant. Trade him to a contender in the West to give him a shot at another title. He deserves it and the Raps owe it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad