Raptors Discussion: v90| Fighting through the injuries (but not Coronavirus. NBA Suspends season until further notice)

Who wins the game Clips or Raps?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Haven’t been able to watch the game. Was wondering what was up with the free throw disparity. Ref ball or Nets actually deserve them?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Raps haven't really deserved the calls so can't blame the Refs.
Raps just don't have it and it's kind of expected.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
15 in a row with all the injuries is impressive. They looked gassed today.

I wish Siakam would stop trying to play with finesse and take it at guys. He needs to get to the free throw line more.

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
Hell of a winning streak, had to come to an end at some point and last nights game was the ultimate trap game, it was an away game, Nets didn't want to get swept, shorthanded, last game before all star break. It sucks that it ended but now its time to start a new winning streak.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
The only criticism I have of Nurse is his usage of McCaw, would rather see more Davis or Thomas than this guy. Also, down the stretch I hope he eases off Lowry and Freddy, perhaps closer to 30mins and not the 40 they are playing every night. I know seeding is important, but these guys have been battling nagging injuries all year.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I want to see more Boucher. I would like them to play big with Ibaka and Boucher, or Ibaka and Gasol, or Gasol and Boucher MORE.

We get killed on the boards with second chance points. When Lowry is out rebounding the likes of Siakam, OG, Hollis-Jefferson etc... it should tell you something.

The second unit should be big to discourage inside play and second chance points. That's where this team is getting killed the last few games.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I want to see more Boucher. I would like them to play big with Ibaka and Boucher, or Ibaka and Gasol, or Gasol and Boucher MORE.

We get killed on the boards with second chance points. When Lowry is out rebounding the likes of Siakam, OG, Hollis-Jefferson etc... it should tell you something.

The second unit should be big to discourage inside play and second chance points. That's where this team is getting killed the last few games.
This team hasn't had a player average a double double since Bosh. Ibaka should be that guy. I too like Boucher. He needs to work on his foot work because is isn't out muscling anyone.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

What makes you think Boucher deserves more minutes? He doesn't.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Ibaka and Gasol together isn’t the worst idea against a team like the Sixers, but for most teams yeah keep them apart.

Correct. And even that is predicated on if they were still playing Embiid and Horford together....which they no longer are....because it did not work...and was an asinine idea.

Thank god the Raptors coach is sober, or it would have taken him fifty games to figure that out as well.

Reactions: Merrrlin

ronzigato

Jan 5, 2006
Ontario
I have no idea if the data is available, but Boucher has seemed less efficient to me lately, whatever his overall PER is. Earlier in the season, he was impressing me. Lately, to me anyway and my poor basketball eye, he's looked like a guy struggling. I could be wrong, happy to be corrected. I'd love to see Boucher become a guy we could play heavy minutes.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
They took the bounce pass out of the skills challenge? :laugh: what? Were guys tired of embarrassing themselves because nobody can hit a bounce pass anymore the way Nash/Kidd/Stockton/Magic could in their prime?

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Pascal out in the semis.

So now I'd pull for Domantas Sabonis. I wanted him in the 2016 draft instead of Poeltl (and I know that the domino effect is that Poeltl was part of the Kawhi trade)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What the hell is this? Is that Damian Lillard? He couldn't make it for the game, but he gets a stupid mini-concert to prop up his vanity project hip-hop "career" on stage with Lil Wayne?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Dwight Howard returns to the dunk contest, desperate to rekindle any sort of attention to his career.

And then we get some embarrassment with DJ Khaled doing intros and flubbing Pat Connaughton's name with a "I can't say his name". Dude, you could've taken 5 minutes to practice or asked one of the league talent wranglers or whatever.

Reactions: yvrtojfk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad