Raptors Discussion: v69| It's no longer playoff time. | Raptors eliminated in 2nd round by Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This team is going to be fun to watch on the defensive end if the 4th quarter is any indication.
Ibaka and Tucker are terrific, and Derozan doing Derozan things

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Nice win by the boys tonight.

Can't believe that Kyle played in the AS game and did the 3pt contest with his wrist f'd up.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Great game. Thought we had no chance without Lowry. New guys were amazing. Ibaka/Tucker/Patterson/Caroll are going to cause havoc on the defensive end. They can switch so much. Tucker was shutting down Thomas 1 on 1 lol.

The team has gotten crushed this year whenever Lowry goes to the bench. I think if we can have Derozan/Ibaka out there for non-Lowry minutes, that will help that issue. Derozan works so much better when there is shooting on the floor and there is room for him to work in the paint.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I am already in love with Tucker. That was amazing. Straight put the clamps on everyone he was on.

Also, lol at Horford with 5 rebounds. The Bargnani special.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. This team now has the firepower to come back and win games. I was expecting a loss around half time but the new guys came up big. DeMar also had a huge game, he really stepped up tonight and I was surprised at how many times he fought through bodies to get to the basket. Hopefully he does that come playoffs.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Not to mention, 2Pat also played a nice game for us, chipping in with some offence.

Loved watching Tucker in the 4th....constantly had his hands on guys - really puts the pressure on the refs to make the call. He was in Crowder's grill at the start of every possession and got his hands on Thomas in the lane several times, guarded Thomas straight up pretty well a few times, and was always getting in the passing lanes.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Nice win by the boys tonight.

Can't believe that Kyle played in the AS game and did the 3pt contest with his wrist f'd up.
If he wasn't smart enough to know better the ****ing raptors should have prevented it.

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Jul 10, 2014
Tucker had anyone he covered in his back pocket!

Going from a shoddy defensive team to adding 2 elite defenders and getting PPat back - such a huge difference

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
I like how tucker noted that he had derozan starting to talk on d. That kind of stuff coming from a guy that is less than a day old to the roster is MASSIVE.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Ibaka and Tucker with the desired effect last night, especially in crunch time. Great to see the boys battle back without Lowry. Derozan was in beast mode.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I just want to point out that Thomas is a little #####. The Celtics are a bunch of flopping queens. Crowder was embarassing, Thomas acting tough was hilarious

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'm old, but tucker/ibaka potentially remind me of the impact adding oakley/davis had on vince's raps.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Quote from Thomas:

"Yeah, that's not a basketball play by any means. Guys who aren't factors in games do that. It is what it is."

He's right you know. He also had a flagrant and 4 points in the 4th quarter. He wasn't a factor :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad