Raptors Discussion: v37|ECQF|Game 6: Raptors @ Nets| Fri, May 2 | 7pmET/4pmPT | Raptors Lead 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Can't stand him, lol. I hate when people complain about something after having just benefitted from it.

Yeah and he knows it too. Casey just works the referees better then he does.

Hope Casey is on the refs early and often tomorrow.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Wilbon on PTI compared the Raps being up on the Nets to the Hawks being up on the Pacers :help:

Can't get any respect.

Also the Nets board on RealGM is full of gems, including a guy who thinks that Lowry is a worse flopper than D-Wade.

Last edited:

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Wilbon on PTI compared the Raps being up on the Nets to the Hawks being up on the Pacers :help:

Can't get any respect.

Also the Nets board on RealGM is full of gems, including a guy who thinks that Lowry is a worse flopper than D-Wade.

Let them keep saying that. Raps will gladly keep that under dog role.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
You know what's funny and ironic is that Brooklyn tanked to play us when they could've easily just played it out an got a Chicago team that got embarrassed in 5 games to Washington. Instead they're down 3 games to 2, they look old, their best players were "benched" late in the game last night because even Kidd himself admitted he thought he had the players who were giving him more fight in the game..that's not exactly the best thing to hear heading into game 6. The Nets look old, they have no post presence, like I said give the ball to Val deep and its an automatic 2. Garnett is like a bench player now. You can say all you want about the games being close but it means nothing really. The Raptors are leading the series and that's the important thing.

As the saying goes "Be careful what you wish for" **** BROOKLYN!!

Also the Nets were getting their lunch handed to them last night before Casey left in a terrible rotation. That's on Casey #1 for not getting Val back in the game fast enough. Probably one of the worst rotations I've seen from the team this season. The proof is right there, we were killing them! we could've been up by 30 at the end of 3 if Casey left in the starters. But hey if close games is that important to you and makes you sleep better at night then good for you. Raptors have looked a lot better than BKN overall in the past 2 games and IMO they'll win tomorrow. We'll see.

Answer me one thing. Who can cover Val? Blatche? LOL that little *****

Once again I think it has to do with matchups. Brooklyn was 1-2 against Chicago average loss was by 16 points, they won 1 game by 16. You talk about who covers Val. I would pose the question who would cover Noah, Gibson and to a lesser extent Boozer? Brooklyn took their chances on the Raps and to this point it's been fine for them the whole series has been close and very little separates these two teams.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Once again I think it has to do with matchups. Brooklyn was 1-2 against Chicago average loss was by 16 points, they won 1 game by 16. You talk about who covers Val. I would pose the question who would cover Noah, Gibson and to a lesser extent Boozer? Brooklyn took their chances on the Raps and to this point it's been fine for them the whole series has been close and very little separates these two teams.

I would argue it hasn't been fine because they will have to take it to 7 if they want to beat us. They never wanted it to go 7.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

So in your mind it's fine that the team they tanked to play has forced them to play 7 games and that's if they even force a Game 7. I'm honestly trying to see some logic in your posts. And you didn't answer my question. Who on BKN can cover Val? the answer you refuse to come up with is: Nobody. KG definitely can't, Blatche....thats self-explanatory. Who do they have? They don't have a bench at all because they're spending over 100-million dollars on 5-6 players. Plus they're old, KG is an old man and his time is coming up very soon to retire. He's on his last legs, he can thump his chest and growl and make as many angry dumb ass looks as he wants, underneath it all is a useless player.

Last edited:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
On a side note: I wonder if Drake is going to head down to Brooklyn and bring some #lintsanity to the game ;)

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Also I'm going to say this right now. Brooklyn is not making the playoffs next season, I am so done with these **** talkers. A bunch of old, overrated, past their prime idiots. Spending 3 first round picks on two guys who are about to hit up a retirement home very shortly. That team is ****ed.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
also who wants to bet TSN goes straight to hockey tonight if we win.. lol our first playoff series win in over a decade and TSN will probably cut straight to the hockey game.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
11maoic.jpg

Useful analogy ?
Wasn't Rudy Gay statistically the worst player the Raps had at the time of the trade? Or at least one of the worst

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Wasn't Rudy Gay statistically the worst player the Raps had at the time of the trade? Or at least one of the worst

Yeah Gay was never the best player on the Raps. People just wish he became the franchise player but he wasn't before he got here and he never will be IMO. Lowry/DD are the Raptors best player, and right now I'd have to say Lowry is.

Last edited:

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I know ya gotta have faith and all but is the 2nd round impossible for the raps?

Not impossible.

Miami has shown chinks in their armour all year. They're still the best team in the East and maybe the league, but they're not as dominant as they were the last two years.

I don't think they would sweep us, in fact I think we could probably take a couple of games from them. But it would be monumental if that series went the distance.

Gotta win one of the next 2 vs Bkn first

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
I know ya gotta have faith and all but is the 2nd round impossible for the raps?

Not even close. If they can learn from that 4th Q and play close to the game they played for the first 3, they can close it out tonight. If they lose, they come home and have a second shot at it.

Now, if you're asking about winning the 2nd round, yeah, that's very improbable. We might take it to 5 or (less likely) 6, but it'd take a huge collapse from Miami for us to make it out of the 2nd round.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Not impossible, but let's just say if we beat Miami it will be considered the biggest upset in NBA history. That should tell you everything.

We'll be lucky to win one game IMO. But like I said yesterday, if we end up advancing to the 2nd round everything else is gravy

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Not impossible, but let's just say if we beat Miami it will be considered the biggest upset in NBA history. That should tell you everything.

We'll be lucky to win one game IMO. But like I said yesterday, if we end up advancing to the 2nd round everything else is gravy

Well I wouldn't exactly go that far. It's wouldn't be the biggest upset in NBA history, it wouldn't be top 5, might be in the top 10.

Pistons over Lakers in the 2004 finals would be my choice, at least recently.

At the end of the day a 3 seed beating a 2 seed is not all that crazy. Yeah Miami is two time defending champs, and yeah were a young upstart team with a mediocre history, so it would be monumental and improbable... But the NBA has a looooonggg history to go out and make that statement

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Well I wouldn't exactly go that far. It's wouldn't be the biggest upset in NBA history, it wouldn't be top 5, might be in the top 10.

Pistons over Lakers in the 2004 finals would be my choice, at least recently.

At the end of the day a 3 seed beating a 2 seed is not all that crazy. Yeah Miami is two time defending champs, and yeah were a young upstart team with a mediocre history, so it would be monumental and improbable... But the NBA has a looooonggg history to go out and make that statement

I said it would be considered. A team that has literally zero playoff experience taking out the 2-time defending NBA champs...that would be hard to top.

But anyway, I don't feel like getting into a crazy long debate about this. I was just making a point.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I said it would be considered. A team that has literally zero playoff experience taking out the 2-time defending NBA champs...that would be hard to top.

But anyway, I don't feel like getting into a crazy long debate about this. I was just making a point.

Agreed, on paper it wouldn't be a big upset. As far as franchise success and reputation goes it would be insane.

Either way we gotta win tonight or Sunday before we start to debate. I really think this is the game you want to take. Brooklyn is down on the mat, we just have to finish them off.

For some teams id worry about coming out flat, but not this team. They'll come out guns blazing

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
So in your mind it's fine that the team they tanked to play has forced them to play 7 games and that's if they even force a Game 7. I'm honestly trying to see some logic in your posts. And you didn't answer my question. Who on BKN can cover Val? the answer you refuse to come up with is: Nobody. KG definitely can't, Blatche....thats self-explanatory. Who do they have? They don't have a bench at all because they're spending over 100-million dollars on 5-6 players. Plus they're old, KG is an old man and his time is coming up very soon to retire. He's on his last legs, he can thump his chest and growl and make as many angry dumb ass looks as he wants, underneath it all is a useless player.

I answered your question by posing you one. If you thought the Nets had issues with Val what would happen against Gibson, Noah and Boozer? Fact is Bulls have much more beef down low and the Nets are taking their chances against one big that is having his first playoff experience. You sound like Matt Devlin constantly talking stuff and acting like the Raptors have completely dominated the series which is far from the truth. For your sake Matt I hope your Raptors finish the series tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad