Raptors Discussion: v37|ECQF|Game 6: Raptors @ Nets| Fri, May 2 | 7pmET/4pmPT | Raptors Lead 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Brooklyn Nets ✔ @BrooklynNets
Follow
KG and Paul Pierce reminded D-Will before the start of this series that he is better than Kyle Lowry..won't back down #NetsvsRaptors - LR

LMFAO they might want to re-think things.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Now, now. The narrative down here in the states has made it seem like its a #2 (Nets) v. #7 (Raptors) series. You can't have it both ways. If the Raptors win tonight, it will be seen as an upset to the mainstream media in the United States (ESPN, TNT, NBAtv). Quite frankly, each time the Raptors have won a game in the series, the majority of the pundits have expressed some level of surprise.

That's fair I guess for the ones that care what ESPN or TNT has to say. I love TNT but it's because the personalities don't take themselves too seriously. I don't like ESPN at all but if we are going to mention upset let's look at the predictions by ESPN since you mentioned the media.

20 predictions
12 Nets
8 Raptors

Let's remove the 2 idiot outliers than selected the Raptors in 5. They're either really stupid or think the Raptors are great.

10 predictions selected 7 games
6 Raptors
4 Nets

18 of the 20 predicted 6 or 7 games, most had Brooklyn in 6. At the end of the day I don't think a lot of these guys no more than any big NBA fan.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Brooklyn Nets ✔ @BrooklynNets
Follow
KG and Paul Pierce reminded D-Will before the start of this series that he is better than Kyle Lowry..won't back down #NetsvsRaptors - LR

LMFAO they might want to re-think things.

If you have to be reminded... It's probably not true.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Really hoping we finish Brooklyn tonight. If we do win this series, what makes it even better is the fact that Brooklyn potentially tanked to take us. :laugh:

I honestly think the refs will be against the Raptors tonight, and not even incrementally. I think there'd be a significant difference for two reasons.

1.) NBA is about TV ratings, Game 7's will draw the most ratings.
2.) NBA favours Brooklyn to win the series, and my impression was if the Raptors end up forcing Brooklyn to elimination games, the referees would play a dynamic role in keeping Brooklyn alive.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Seriously hope the Raptors stomp the Nets tonight, if all of Canada isn't watching they should be ashamed of themselves. 2CHHHAAAIIIINNNNZZZZ

mikebel111*

This is the game that i am probably the most nervous about. I haven't really been that nervous about the other games.
I really want to win this one. Dont like the Brooklyn crowd at all
Go Raps Go!!!!!

Nov 6, 2007
I've seen the future: Brooklyn stomps all over the Raptors tonight, unfortunately.

Nets 104 - Raps 89

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Seriously hope the Raptors stomp the Nets tonight, if all of Canada isn't watching they should be ashamed of themselves. 2CHHHAAAIIIINNNNZZZZ

I'll never understand why anyone cares what other people chose to watch.

For the record, I'll be watching and cheering for the Raptors.

mikebel111*

I've seen the future: Brooklyn stomps all over the Raptors tonight, unfortunately.

Nets 104 - Raps 89

I have seen the future as well
Lebron and Wade get injured at practice before the 2nd round series starts

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Watching that game on nbatv was annoying. Tonight will be worse since the game is on espn2. You should count yourselves lucky you don't have to experience such partial commentating.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
The last game had the greatest number of viewers in Raptors history, and, more people were watching the Raptors game than the NHL game 7s.

I think we found Toronto's new team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad