Raptors Discussion: v32 | The playoff push continues. Trade Deadline on Thursday, Feb 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
continued.

In draft related news, Joel Embiid's stock continues to rise while Randle's is falling. Embiid to Orlando to follow in Shaq and Dwight's footsteps... to the Lakers. :laugh:

Last edited:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Wiggins Season vs. Top-25 Opponents' Averages
FG% 3P% PPG RPG APG
Season 44.6 34.0 15.7 5.4 1.4
vs. Top 25 46.6 39.1 20.2 9.6 1.2

Where are the people that said Wiggins lacks heart and competitiveness?

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Where are the people that said Wiggins lacks heart and competitiveness?

Hrmm haven't seen anyone say that but who ever did is flat out wrong. I do think he would benefit from staying another year in college ball tho, that way the raps can tank proper next season and try and snag him up.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Hrmm haven't seen anyone say that but who ever did is flat out wrong. I do think he would benefit from staying another year in college ball tho, that way the raps can tank proper next season and try and snag him up.

I would not be surprised if Wiggins does stay another year. This is a super competitive draft and I've seen experts have him as low as 4 (Embiid, Parker, Randle).

He could make himself the crown jewel of 2015 if he wanted. And if there is a guy who can convince him it's Bill Self

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Plenty of people were saying how Jabari just has that "winning" aspect to him, like he wants to carry his team and that Wiggins is just coasting and being a secondary scorer. Well, just look at how elite Jabari has been in Duke's last 5.

I would not be surprised if Wiggins does stay another year. This is a super competitive draft and I've seen experts have him as low as 4 (Embiid, Parker, Randle).

He could make himself the crown jewel of 2015 if he wanted. And if there is a guy who can convince him it's Bill Self

And experts have him as high as 1st with Randle even slipping out of the top 5. Not to mention Parker has always considered the thought of returning for another year. If he feels he's ready/not ready then he'll do what is best for him.

Last edited:

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Agreed that Wiggins would be better off staying another year... I still think he needs to get bigger/stronger, he's really lanky and pretty much always has been

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
To resume the half game: raps are getting cocky and thinking they could win it without effort. Guess what ? without consistent effort, this team is average at best

Nov 6, 2007
Boston trying to tank this game hard, but the Raps dont seem interested tonight either. Yuck.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Dammit DeMar, I was going to compliment you before that horrible shot selection.

He's been impressively well-rounded lately. Averaging 5.4 rebounds and 5.3 assists this month to go with his 23 ppg. The 5.4 boards sounds unimpressive, but that total includes per-game totals of 9, 8 (so far tonight), 7, 7, and 6.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
didn't get a chance to watch the game but wow did Jared Sullinger go off in this one.
25 pts, 20 boards *8 offensive* 4 assists and 2 steals. I hope he develops into the player he was scouted to be before the injury hampered his stock value.

On a side note wtf happened to the raptors front court tonight? Val common bro you're better then this good game bad game crap, find some consistency

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Oh man that's gotta be the most frustrating loss of the season. We should've destroyed Boston. If we made even 75% of our FT's and grabbed like 5 more boards we would've won. We just didn't box out enough, didn't hit the FT's and the ref's forgot they had whistles. Almost epic comeback though. Would've been one for the ages, but they shouldn't have gotten that far behind vs. one of the worst teams in the league anyways.

**** Boston sports teams.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Dammit DeMar, I was going to compliment you before that horrible shot selection.

He's been impressively well-rounded lately. Averaging 5.4 rebounds and 5.3 assists this month to go with his 23 ppg. The 5.4 boards sounds unimpressive, but that total includes per-game totals of 9, 8 (so far tonight), 7, 7, and 6.

Demar's been making great strides but whenever things get tough he starts chucking, same thing happened in Indiana. :( I'm scared he's the "guy that does well because he's the scoring option on a bad team" and not for real. When you look at the company he's in Pts/g wise he's near the bottom in FG% with 42.1 (I think) and his 3PT FG% is 29%.. still needs to do a lot of work, team's aren't going to be scared of him come playoff time when they realize he doesn't have an outside shot.

The Hutch

May 1, 2010
New Westminster, BC
Celtics hadn't been an easy win despite the losing streak. They led Portland for just over half the game on Saturday before the better team pulled away in the fourth. I would imagine getting Rondo back helped as well.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
didn't get a chance to watch the game but wow did Jared Sullinger go off in this one.
25 pts, 20 boards *8 offensive* 4 assists and 2 steals. I hope he develops into the player he was scouted to be before the injury hampered his stock value.

On a side note wtf happened to the raptors front court tonight? Val common bro you're better then this good game bad game crap, find some consistency

I think someone said Valanciunas was sick and not playing at 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad