Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Okay.

Compare him to his teammates then, and hes still much worse than the rest besides maybe ryan.

Depends. If you use GA/60 on the PK he's almost the worst in the league for players over 15 minutes of PK time. If you use xGA/60 on the PK he's the best player on the team for players with over 15 minutes. I really have no idea where the truth lies, but teams are outscoring the expected goals by a crazy margin on him. How much of it is how he PKs and how much is luck that's contributing to a Save Percentage of .700 when he on the ice killing penalities (and .600 over the last 16 games)?

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

Last edited:
Reactions: russ99

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Okay.

Compare him to his teammates then, and hes still much worse than the rest besides maybe ryan.

Fair enough. This was a top ten PK before injuries and has cratered through the past two months. I'd like to know the splits for Shore among other secondary PK options through both periods. Goaltending has been atrocious through this slump.

Prior post I suggested moving Shore to 4th line centre with Sceviour and Benson. Would expect regardless Shore's time on PK to drop with a healthy Nugent Hopkins and Hyman. But again if your 'starting' goaltender is 58th in the league in PP SV% I don't know any kill group is going to elevate above that. Ryan looks done to me outside his quality face-off work.

EDIT: Last year Shore's GA/60 was 5.31, tops for forwards though with limited minutes: Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

Suggests to me this year results are tied to something significantly different. Like cratering goaltending and playing up in the rotation through significant injury.

The raw stat on Shore is a conclusion. It bears exploring the question 'why' and 'how come'.

Last edited:
Reactions: MessierII

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Demko is likely back but will be rusty. Have to have a good start this game. I’d like to see us pot one in the first 5 minutes for once. When was the last time that happened?

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I've never actually had it, but my dad wouldn't touch cabbage throughout my youth because his parents made boiled cabbage growing up. Like you say, lots of great uses for cabbage, why did anyone think boiling it was a good choice, I'll never understand.
Boiled cabbage with butter is awesome, Corned beef with cabbage is so good

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Demko is likely back but will be rusty. Have to have a good start this game. I’d like to see us pot one in the first 5 minutes for once. When was the last time that happened?

200620926d94363a89c04378d9a032d1.jpeg

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I've never actually had it, but my dad wouldn't touch cabbage throughout my youth because his parents made boiled cabbage growing up. Like you say, lots of great uses for cabbage, why did anyone think boiling it was a good choice, I'll never understand.

The great thing about cabbage in any dish is its one of the most excellent veggies for absorbing spice, flavor, pepper etc. and works so well with so many aromatic foods like onions or garlic. So that boiling it is just a crime for that reason alone. Forgot to mention kimchi which I also love.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Tippett starting to finally figure this out but had to wait to be within a pubic hair of being fired.

I like what he's doing here to be honest. I would've swapped Mcleod and Perlini personally.. McLeod is better to my eye but i'd prefer him with RNH and Kass - that is a PITA 3rd line. Perlini just needs to dish and get open.. very simple game.

I know most don't disagree.. but I REALLY want to see Benson with one of the big boys on the Top 6 for a few games.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Bensons own zone pass in the third period in a tie game was horrid. he made a few hits in the game. Botched more scoring chances and isn't really doing a lot. I mean I'm fine with him being in or out of the lineup but he doesn't move the dial one iota. Its like complaining about Shore being in or out. Really it doesn't matter. neither of these are even remotely valid NHL players.

McLeod has been showing for the last year and a half what it takes, and the effort, to crack a team. Benson hasn't been anywhere close to forcing himself in the lineup. he barely even has niche facets of his game.
McLeod needs some confidence in his puck decisions (shooting and passing). He's improved immensely already, but he still hesitates sometimes. He needs to trust in his skill, as it's there and he can be successful with it. If he could do that and learn to get more physical (doesn't have to be much - just finish your checks)...flavortown baby.

iu

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Like I said I'm just tired of the player and how easily he's bumped off the puck. The Lucic play last game just drove me. hehe.

Pulju, Hyman, and Kass can all play RW, and all are better options. I know we disagree on the latter.
Kane McD and Hyman could be a decent line. Yams has a great motor and is a decent complimentary player, but has a hard time with any first line competition with size.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
The only thing I give Benson over Shore is that there possibly remains some untapped potential, whereas we know Shore's top end, and it isn't nice.

However, that is mostly nullified by the fact that at the same points in their career Shore had shown much more than Benson has to this point, so the likelihood of any of this untapped potential coming to light is marginal at best.

It's like arguing which boiled cabbage recipe is best, when they all taste like ass.
Benson is so bad I thought he was one of our defensemen.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Honestly Calgary game was just a one off because Mikko decided to bring out his prime Hasek card for one game .

If we lose to Van, Tippett should still be gone. It’s the easiest move for Holland to make because we all know he is not capable of making good trades without overpaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad