GDT: Utica Comets @ Laval Rocket (3PM on RDS & 91.9 Sports FM)

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Whoever designed the lighting needs to explain himself. I've never seen glare like that on the ice.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
The play of the game right there. Utica tie it in the dying minute of the game.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
McCarron lost like 10 FO's in 2 minutes... They don't have someone better to take a FO down there?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Whoever designed the lighting needs to explain himself. I've never seen glare like that on the ice.

They're shining a light on this year's best asset.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So I leave when the 3rd period starts to pick up my wife from work. It's 1-0 Utica and I'm doing everything in my power to keep my attention on the game. I come back home in time to see Audette miss his penalty shot. What the hell happened while I was gone? :laugh:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Lindgren didn't look great in the SO. And what happened on that tying goal he didn't even move to try and stop the puck...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The things change, the more they stay the same, right coach Lefebvre??

It was the perfect opportunity to let Lefebvre go this past off-season. His contract was up. The team was starting a new era with the move to Laval. And one guy who was available was Dominic Ducharme, who interviewed for the Rockford Icehogs (Blackhawks' AHL affiliate). So you know he was looking to leave his Junior coaching days behind and start some pro hockey coaching. But, they decided to extend Lefebvre. At least it's only a 2-year deal. It's 2 years too many, but it would be easier to replace him now.

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lindgren was slow to react and inexplicably had his left knee on the ice so he was vulnerable on his left side. Utica's Reid Boucher unleashed a slap shot from the top of the right faceoff circle on a slow pass across the ice from the left D. Had Lindgren been able to slide across even slightly, he would have stopped it as the shot cleared the net near the middle. I'm guessing Lindgren's sight was blocked as he must not have seen the pass across the ice that landed on Boucher's stick.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Taormina headed to the box. Surprisingly, it's Laval's first penalty of the game.
I saw that ! Lol.
Looks like the only thing he can do on a hockey rink is breaking his stick while making a pass.
Everything is going wrong this year with the Habs. It's badluck or some kind of bad kharma.
I guess Timmins will draft the wrong guy again, as usual. Same thing going on forever ...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can't wait til we have a blue chip prospect in Laval. It's one thing to stack up the team with vets and journeymen in order to instill a winning culture (although with the likes of Sly and Nick Carrière, winning is not what they've been about), it's another to be able to enjoy a dazzling upside prospect show his wares locally before a jump to the big club. Tired of mostly seeing third and fourth liners getting shuffled about with the Habs.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
Can't wait til we have a blue chip prospect in Laval. It's one thing to stack up the team with vets and journeymen in order to instill a winning culture (although with the likes of Sly and Nick Carrière, winning is not what they've been about), it's another to be able to enjoy a dazzling upside prospect show his wares locally before a jump to the big club. Tired of mostly seeing third and fourth liners getting shuffled about with the Habs.
You are describing Nikita Scherbak who was very fun to watch earlier this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad