Utica Comets AHL Discussion - Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Or forget all about the fact that Roy should've been the centre we'd been missing all year...until AV decided to stick him on Kesler's wing.

Yeah, when played at center, he was much more effective. Had Roy been used as a much more effective Hodgson (soft defensive duties while letting Kesler shoulder the defensive load), I think that lineup would have been a lot more effective.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
It says the Carrier Dome is a one hour drive to the west from the Aud.

It also seems like they never had a hockey team there before?

Would do wonders for the franchise itself, but would also make it a bit tougher on Utica locals in terms of the travel.

Wonder how much the dynamic will change in terms of player-community interaction.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
It says the Carrier Dome is a one hour drive to the west from the Aud.

It also seems like they never had a hockey team there before?

Would do wonders for the franchise itself, but would also make it a bit tougher on Utica locals in terms of the travel.

Wonder how much the dynamic will change in terms of player-community interaction.

This is a one game only event hosted by the Syracuse Crunch. The Comets will be the visiting team but I expect thousands of Comets fans to make the short drive to Syracuse.

Think of this as the AHL version of the Heritage Classic that Vancouver hosted last year.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
This is a one game only event hosted by the Syracuse Crunch. The Comets will be the visiting team but I expect thousands of Comets fans to make the short drive to Syracuse.

Think of this as the AHL version of the Heritage Classic that Vancouver hosted last year.

I see.

That would be excellent.

Good luck securing the better seats out there and have fun.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
I see.

That would be excellent.

Good luck securing the better seats out there and have fun.

They will uses the same configuration that Syracuse University uses for basketball. Rather than putting the rink at the 50 Yd line it will be in the end-zone with portable bleachers on one side. Should work well.

Carrier_Dome_Basketball_View.JPG

10390420_1433707710230481_8259998837257479944_n.jpg

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
They will uses the same configuration that Syracuse University uses for basketball. Rather than putting the rink at the 50 Yd line it will be in the end-zone with portable bleachers on one side. Should work well.

Carrier_Dome_Basketball_View.JPG

10390420_1433707710230481_8259998837257479944_n.jpg

Hey, buddy! Got my seat in section 109. That's the greatest detail I'll reveal. Should be a very entertaining event. Looking forward to it.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
For people in Vancouver the Syracuse Crunch and the Utica Comets are shooting to set 2 indoor hockey records.

1.) The AHL record is 20,672 set on 1/18/97 in the Greensboro Coliseum (N.C.) in a game between the Carolina Monarchs and the Kentucky Thoroughbreds.

2.) The largest U.S. indoor hockey crowd of 28,183 set on 4/23/96 in the Thunderdome in a playoff game between Tampa Bay and Philadelphia.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Think you need to scroll up to #934 before you get the wrong impression about where Utica will be playing its games. The Utica Aud will be their home.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think the poster has the wrong impression. He's looking forward to the season, and the single game at the big indoor stadium is one of the reasons. I feel the same way.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Think you need to scroll up to #934 before you get the wrong impression about where Utica will be playing its games. The Utica Aud will be their home.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think the poster has the wrong impression. He's looking forward to the season, and the single game at the big indoor stadium is one of the reasons. I feel the same way.

Yeah, I was under no illusions. Appreciate the responses.

Hielo Grande

Nov 7, 2007
vallarta
I think there are many Canucks' fans anxious to see Season 2 begin in Utica. Utica was about the only positive for many of us last season. The Comets lost but not without a fight. The farm is alive and well in Utica and a lot of new seeds are is being planted.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I think there are many Canucks' fans anxious to see Season 2 begin in Utica. Utica was about the only positive for many of us last season. The Comets lost but not without a fight. The farm is alive and well in Utica and a lot of new seeds are is being planted.

I think you're exactly correct. It's a lot easier to be optimistic about the Comets than the Canucks right now. Of course, progress in Utica will eventually mean progress in Vancouver, right? Right? I said, am I right? ...

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

Wow. That's actually really, really cool. Glad to hear about it.

And yeah, I'm looking forward to next season to see how things go, both here and in Utica. Really hope some of the young kids can make the jump soon.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton

Count me as one. It will be good to see Shinkaruk amongst the faces next year. Utica, and their fans, were one of the bright spots for the Canucks last season.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
I don't want to rush summer because it is short enough all ready and very beautiful here in the Mohawk Valley......but I'm anxious to start hearing some player news for both the Comets and Canucks. The Draft next weekend, any trades the Canucks make and what RFAs that were on the Comets last year will be resigned. Looking forward to hearing some news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad