OT: Utah Lounge I: Off to the races

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Anything not covered in another thread can go here!

I will start off by complaining about how I got three cavities filled on Tuesday. My jaw is still sore from the long procedure and there's still a bit of pain in the teeth. That's what I get for not taking care of my teeth in my twenties. Take care of your teeth, folks!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I don't know if anyone else around here is interested in water and water issues, but problems and solutions are never quite as simple as some people make them out to be.

The Great Salt Lake is one such problem. It's shrinking. Why? Not enough water. Duh. :)

But why is it not getting/keeping enough water?

Climate change? Water usage? Natural weather pattern fluctuations? Maybe all of the above?

The Bear River is the major contributor to the lake, but water is being diverted upstream at an increasing rate, most of which grows crops, including water thirsty alfalfa. Same problem we have in southern AZ.

Now, there's a plan to capture even more river water for other uses, like Clayton Keller's new swimming pool.

I don't know the solutions, but can confidently say the answers are never simple or easy.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

IMG_3846.gif

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Writer's block can go fly a kite or two. I set aside pretty much the entire day in order to compose some music, as I had some ideas swimming through my head all night, even keeping me up well past when my bedtime medication normally kicks in and knocks me out. I can't even get ten or fifteen minutes into a project today without getting frustrated and scrapping it now. I've learned and re-learned time and time again that creativity isn't something you can just turn on and off, I guess. I suppose I'll learn it some time in the future... again...

Reactions: Puckrobber

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Writer's block can go fly a kite or two. I set aside pretty much the entire day in order to compose some music, as I had some ideas swimming through my head all night, even keeping me up well past when my bedtime medication normally kicks in and knocks me out. I can't even get ten or fifteen minutes into a project today without getting frustrated and scrapping it now. I've learned and re-learned time and time again that creativity isn't something you can just turn on and off, I guess. I suppose I'll learn it some time in the future... again...

Exercise is when I do my best thinking. If I'm stuck on a problem, a quick run can sometimes clear the blockage. Sometimes, drinking a beer works, too. Not drunk mind you, but alcohol does remove inhibitions.

Reactions: Summer Rose

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I try not to be one of those old farts that say, "music today sucks compared to (pick a decade)"

But I've got to say, in my very biased opinion, the Police live in 1979, when they only had one album under their belt, is incredibly good and timeless.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I had a bad experience at my dentist today. My appointment was supposed to be for 10:00 and I didn't get seen until 12:10. I'd consider switching dentists if this office wasn't the only one within reasonable distance that accepts my dental insurance.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I had a bad experience at my dentist today. My appointment was supposed to be for 10:00 and I didn't get seen until 12:10. I'd consider switching dentists if this office wasn't the only one within reasonable distance that accepts my dental insurance.
Hopefully they had some sort of emergency, or anything at all that made that visit the outlier and not the norm.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Once they realized it was going to be an extensive wait, they should have offered to reschedule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad