Utah Hockey Media

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I keep looking for some signs that the bracket voting is going to start here soon, but nothing.

It sounds like Ryan Smith wants a name sooner than later, for the players benefit. I hope they have the name and logo picked out in time for the draft.. doubt it tho
Do he want to print a bunch of stuff that just says "Utah" and THEN print a whole new line or just do it all in one fell swoop? Idk. Winnipeg did it.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I keep looking for some signs that the bracket voting is going to start here soon, but nothing.

It sounds like Ryan Smith wants a name sooner than later, for the players benefit. I hope they have the name and logo picked out in time for the draft.. doubt it tho
I'm thinking that they have to figure out next season. Things are still feeling ad-hoc. I had hoped that the Delta Center event would be the pivot point where they started to roll out the full team website, the Twitter account, the temporary name, etc.

It might be hard to start doing that without nailing down what the official (if temporary) name is. The Arizona Coyotes are still listed as a team on the NHL.com website.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
It's just hard with how quiet it seems on the names, ticket, move etc front. News has been scant.

Sure BA is doing interviews, but they feel like the normal end of year stuff in some ways rather than the we're uprooting and becoming a new team

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
It's just hard with how quiet it seems on the names, ticket, move etc front. News has been scant.

Sure BA is doing interviews, but they feel like the normal end of year stuff in some ways rather than the we're uprooting and becoming a new team
Seems proper for it to be quiet right now. Only hockey things folks should be drawing attention to is the playoffs. Once that is over then I would hope they turn up the dial on Utah hockey stuff.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Seems proper for it to be quiet right now. Only hockey things folks should be drawing attention to is the playoffs. Once that is over then I would hope they turn up the dial on Utah hockey stuff.

I agree and disagree. Building momentum after the playoffs and not being a distraction is one thing but keeping momentum going and working with locals seems like a plus too.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I agree and disagree. Building momentum after the playoffs and not being a distraction is one thing but keeping momentum going and working with locals seems like a plus too.

Just remember that both the NHL and NBA are locked in their playoff cycles and right now SEG has their attention on housekeeping for the offseason. They're still probably figuring out the division of labor between the two franchises on the backend (ticket sales, marketing, boots on the ground, etc.). I'm sure once the offseasons for both leagues start, they'll buckle down and get to the good stuff. The fact that they've already gotten trademarks filed for the possible names indicates to me that they have their marketing staff already hard at work on concepting with Fanatics et al. for branding and kits for the fall for each so that they can be ready to go once the vote is complete.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I'm thinking that they have to figure out next season. Things are still feeling ad-hoc. I had hoped that the Delta Center event would be the pivot point where they started to roll out the full team website, the Twitter account, the temporary name, etc.

It might be hard to start doing that without nailing down what the official (if temporary) name is. The Arizona Coyotes are still listed as a team on the NHL.com website.
I thought so at first…

But if you can get 15000 people to show up to to an event with no notice… in 3 days..

There should be no reason why they can’t put a bracket online and have people start voting right away, and have results for the draft and have a jersey and logo before the summer .. in time for the fanatics to make..

Well you may ask .. the league has to vote on it… however look how fast they mad3 the deal happen with the Yotes and Utah?

Ryan has said he wants it sooner than later., hopefully he can make it happen.. I am surprised they haven’t started it yet

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I thought so at first…

But if you can get 15000 people to show up to to an event with no notice… in 3 days..

There should be no reason why they can’t put a bracket online and have people start voting right away, and have results for the draft and have a jersey and logo before the summer .. in time for the fanatics to make..

Well you may ask .. the league has to vote on it… however look how fast they mad3 the deal happen with the Yotes and Utah?

Ryan has said he wants it sooner than later., hopefully he can make it happen.. I am surprised they haven’t started it yet
I'm pretty sure that all the candidate names have to go through the full trademark search.

IMO, Utah HC isn't a serious candidate, and we could still be waiting on that 8th name.

HC teams still have nicknames (likely the Yeti/s), and can the team actually reference that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Reactions: rams and Kaizen

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm cool bringing back OB. Just keep it to a 1-year deal and at or close to league minimum. If he plays more than half the season though we likely suck again.

Agree with BA that OB needs to cut down on the penalties. High PIMs are to be expected with him but you have to strike that balance too. There were a number of times this year where he needlessly put us on the PK.
BA and the players like LOB so I imagine he will be back. I would like an upgrade on him, same as Hayton, but that probably isn't going to happen.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
We want to make playoffs we need to cut the amount of stupid penalties.. so like 80 percent of the penalties that Spicy Tuna takes..
He figured it out towards the end of the season.

BA and the players like LOB so I imagine he will be back. I would like an upgrade on him, same as Hayton, but that probably isn't going to happen.
Fans like him too. LOB won the introduction ceremony.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad