USMNT Part IX

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

Arriola and Zimmerman (who was good with Robinson until he got hurt) really the only playing it safe options in this lineup. Berhalter has always been very high on Musah so I’m not sure why I’m surprised but I am. I might go Weah over Arriolla. But Arriolla will work hard and then be subbed at the 60th minute anyway.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Thrilled that Musah and Pepi are starting, but what why the f*** is Arriola starting ahead of Weah? He's gotten 2 assists in Lille's last 2 games and has also drawn a penalty. Zimmerman isn't who I'd go with, but its acceptable.

Reactions: GabeTravels

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Yeah I'm fine with it not being red although there's a very strong case for it. If he was closer to goal it wouldve been red for sure.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Honestly I think the correct officiating decisions has 11 v 11 still, because I don't think the 2nd incident should have been a foul. But I still don't understand how that's not red if the ref calls the foul.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
first 10 minutes they came out like lightning , but after that its basically the Canadian game again. This team has no idea how to break down a low block.

And this ref is is wrong in 2 different ways on that last decision. Its not a foul, but since he called it a foul there's no way it cannot be a red card there

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Good win. Probably Dest’s best game for US, don’t like him going off injured. Hope it’s not like last time. Musah is still learning tactically but we have no midfielder as talented, when he had the ball he glided by defenders. Pepi keeps taking his chances. Don’t think anyone was bad.

also glad to see Weah healthy again.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad