USMNT - 2026 World Cup Cycle

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FnXKkKjaAAMYknd

lineup for tonight's game. Really like the look of this. Glad Gaga is starting, excited to see Jalen Neal as a Galaxy fan, happy for Pomykal and Morris, curious to see Sonora, Zendejas and Vasquez.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Jalen Neal is making his USMNT before his MLS debut. Which I guess isn't technically unique, but the exact circumstances are.

I'm also a fan of JoGo and Zendejas starting. And Morris for that matter.

Slonina needs to do better on that

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'd like to see Zendejas on the ball more. They kept attacking down Cowell's wing that half, which he did very well, but felt like they seldom went down the right side.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Jalen Neal looked great in the first half but has not looked good in the second half. Responsible for the second goal and nearly gave up another there if not for a close offside.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'd like to see Zendejas on the ball more. They kept attacking down Cowell's wing that half, which he did very well, but felt like they seldom went down the right side.
Cowell has made fantastic runs and has looked dangerous.

And as I typed that he just hit the post twice

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Best USMNT players for me have been Jones and Cowell. Williamson was also pretty good, I felt, which surprised me. Neal had a good first half but rough second half. I also though JoGo looked fine. Not great but not bad either. Everyone else was fairly average. Zendejas had a bad first half but was enlivened with the introduction of Jones.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Earnie Stewart out, Mcbride out. So US Soccer now without a Sporting Director, a GM and a head coach. These are going to be the most important hires in the history of the program. Can't afford to f*** this up

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

Earnie Stewart out, Mcbride out. So US Soccer now without a Sporting Director, a GM and a head coach. These are going to be the most important hires in the history of the program. Can't afford to f*** this up

The president of US Soccer was quoted "We would like to have a replacement for Stewart and coach by the end of the summer", also said that Berhalter is still a candidate. That is a long time. If they wait that long they will have an interim coach through both Nations League and Gold Cup finals. That is close to the wasted time we had before they ended up hiring Berhalter.

In a month the big 3 at the top of the US mens team have left.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
This isn't a sellout, stop reporting it as such. We are not blind

Because it serves no point to the viewer, and relays no important information.

They used to interview them not during warmups but maybe right before the game on the pitch. "Well we're going to go out there and play hard. They're a good young team, we just gotta bring our a-game."

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
High scoring affair.. 0 - 0 HT
These people getting on the field so impress me.:rolleyes:
So many that shouldn't be on the MNT come 2026 and we aren't playing the young guys to get them experience. :(

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This isn't a sellout, stop reporting it as such. We are not blind
Was at the game tonight and it was very much a sellout. Took some time for the crowd to fill in, but it was pretty much full for most of the game. It was at least 75% Colombian fans if not more, but it was still a fun game despite the score.

But yeah no one really stood out today like Cowell or Zendejas did against Serbia. I liked Tolkin, but outside of him pretty much meh for everyone else.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
You can see they had playing time arraingents with some teams. No way Hoppe deserved to stay on the field the full game. Also didn’t see the need of to keep playing Berhalter’s system, Aaronson is no way shape or form a midfielder. Agreed that Tolkin looked like the only player they can start integrating into the full team from this game.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
What’s the odds Balogun picks the US?

IMO not good at all.. He just played and scored for England U21 the last time they had a game.

He is in many ways a 'missing piece' but we didn't develop him, he only played a couple games for the US in a youth tournament, and he said he would welcome a Nigeria callup too. Not happening I think.

Reactions: DaveG

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Think the only thing we have going for us is that his position is prime for the taking. Balogun has a tougher hill climb with England with Kane, but given his youth career with them its still a Longshot. That being said I don't think Musah was on a many people's radar when we got him involved, so I don't think it's farfetched that he could choose us. Just not holding out hope for him

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Think the only thing we have going for us is that his position is prime for the taking. Balogun has a tougher hill climb with England with Kane, but given his youth career with them its still a Longshot. That being said I don't think Musah was on a many people's radar when we got him involved, so I don't think it's farfetched that he could choose us. Just not holding out hope for him
Yeah that’s the main reason he might pick us. Nigeria also has Osimhen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad