USHL Indiana Ice to go dormant

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not shocking, but a shame if true. Ice hold the distinction of being the first live hockey game of any kind that I ever attended, and as a result I've always had a soft spot for them and the USHL.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Not shocking, but a shame if true. Ice hold the distinction of being the first live hockey game of any kind that I ever attended, and as a result I've always had a soft spot for them and the USHL.

Yeah, especially since they are in a good opportunity to claim their second Clark Cup.

However, the Pan Am Plaza needs repairs badly, so I hope it's only a one-year dormancy. Of course, the St. Louis Heartland Eagles went dormant and never got anything worked out.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Hopefully it's just for one season. They're a good organization and in a good location for the league, logistically.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
Would make 17 teams for the 14-15 season.

Maybe they will break the Team USA into two teams. So they are Even.

(mod edit) It's sad to see a team go dormant I hope they can find a new location. The Ice I thought were a good team to watch. I watched them play the Force for two games and not one dirty play by the Ice. We will see what the future brings maybe they might become apart of the NAHL LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Maybe they will break the Team USA into two teams. So they are Even.

(mod edit) It's sad to see a team go dormant I hope they can find a new location. The Ice I thought were a good team to watch. I watched them play the Force for two games and not one dirty play by the Ice. We will see what the future brings maybe they might become apart of the NAHL LOL.

Maybe. But I heard the '98s were, for the most part, a disappointment compared to the '97s and '96s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad