USHL Dubuque - Cedar Rapids game suspended 10/12 (resuming 11/12)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://www.theushlhockeyleague.com/news.php?news_id=2011

Dubuque Fighting Saints defenseman Dylan Chanter was injured after falling to the ice at the 8:02 mark of the second period during the game, played at the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. He was immediately attended to at the arena by medical personnel before being transported to a local hospital for further care. While all parties are awaiting further information, Chanter was conscious as he was transported from the arena.

:(

Released from hospital. Game suspended; guessing it'll be "restarted" and/or replayed (from beginning) at a future date.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
It better not be restarted from the beginning. Cedar Rapids was up 2-0 when the injury occurred.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
It better not be restarted from the beginning. Cedar Rapids was up 2-0 when the injury occurred.

Also depends on whether the player taken off injured is able to play (change of roster).

It's an unusual occurrence. Sometimes games are "replayed" from the beginning (60 minutes), but the score might start as it was when play ended.

What happens WRT "start" time and score, players on roster, may be negotiated between teams and league.

Stay tuned for resolution/replay/whatever of game decision.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Also depends on whether the player taken off injured is able to play (change of roster).

It's an unusual occurrence. Sometimes games are "replayed" from the beginning (60 minutes), but the score might start as it was when play ended.

What happens WRT "start" time and score, players on roster, may be negotiated between teams and league.

Stay tuned for resolution/replay/whatever of game decision.

If I had to guess they will resume the game where it left off at a future time with the same rosters that started Saturday night's game. Cedar Rapids was playing a man short due to injuries and suspensions.

Glive

Oct 20, 2013
Sorry for the late reply, but I was here. The official should have stopped the fight when Chanter's helmet was knocked off.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Sorry for the late reply, but I was here. The official should have stopped the fight when Chanter's helmet was knocked off.

I think this will be something USA hockey takes a look at as well. Granted it is safer the players but it puts officials in harms way too. The players are not going to stop throwing punches because someone's helmet falls off thus making it more dangerous for linesman of getting caught by one of them.

Watching the game and seeing this left my stomach uneasy for several hours after. It brings the question does fighting have a place in Junior Hockey in the states with the goal for players is to attain a D1 scholorship? With fighting not allowed in the college game, are there more cheapshots? All questions USA hockey will address in the near future I am sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad