Useless Thread MDXC: I get a little bit Ghengis Khan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
One can have fun without disrupting/disturbing the lives of people who have nothing to do with them and while following the rules and code of conduct.

Are you the type of person to go on about on "safe spaces" etc.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Your mate is boring ain't he?

526x297-bgE.jpg

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Does the security just tell you to get a life?
They're not familiar with me. Like I said, I only resorted to them not even a handful of times.

One was because someday during the school year, some people decided to party in my floor's lounge on a thursday night (and I have an exam the friday morning) after 11PM, talking and shouting very loud while playing music (and my room is one of the furthest from the lounge, while I'm at it). It only happened once.

Don't remember if i actually called security for a guy during my first year of stay who would watch TV shows with very high volume at night (like after 1-2AM - i could hear what was happening in his show from my room and he was like 3 rooms apart from me), but I think I did.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
You consented to this when you decided to live in dorms

Or are you really that naive
I did not consent to this. I consented to the code of conduct and rules established by the university and the dorm.

And so did people who decide to live there.

By your logic, these people then shouldn't be partying/disturbing like that, since they consented to it, no? (and it should be that way, not the other way around since I did not consent to people breaking curfews and all)

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
I did not consent to this. I consented to the code of conduct and rules established by the university and the dorm.

And so did people who decide to live there.

By your logic, these people then shouldn't be partying/disturbing like that, since they consented to it, no? (and it should be that way, not the other way around since I did not consent to people breaking curfews and all)

Did you really not have any idea about what student life is like in dorms

This was always going to happen regardless of the rules, right or wrong, it's just how it is

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Did you really not have any idea about what student life is like in dorms

This was always going to happen regardless of the rules, it's just how it is
Except, you know, that I said it basically never happens during the school year? And it's not unique to my floor. I actually talked to a few people who lived in a dorm during university, either at ULaval or in Montreal, and none of them never really had any problem with noise and all (and they were also not the kind that would partake in those activities).

And is it a problem that I make sure that my right to what I ACTUALLY consented to is preserved?

It has only been a major problem since these Explore students have moved in.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Peen, if you want to go with the "was going to happen regardless, rule or not, right or wrong, etc.", same can be said that people would be "popping" their fun.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Except, you know, that I said it basically never happens during the school year? And it's not unique to my floor. I actually talked to a few people who lived in a dorm during university, either at ULaval or in Montreal, and none of them never really had any problem with noise and all (and they were also not the kind that would partake in those activities).

And is it a problem that I make sure that my right to what I ACTUALLY consented to is preserved?

It has only been a major problem since these Explore students have moved in.

Reading comprehension m9

"This was always going to happen" means it will happen at least once in your student life. So just accept it.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Dustin Peener said:
It was by far the best episode they've ever done IMO

Episode 8 was the worst one ever, I cringed throughout the chase scene with the T-waifthousand
That entire scene was lol-worthy in the worst way possible. And so unlike Game of Thrones.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Reading comprehension m9

"This was always going to happen" means it will happen at least once in your student life. So just accept it.
Might you now adress the actual content of my post now rather than avoiding it by pointing out a very minor misunderstanding that a French person made on an English post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad