Useless Thread MDLXXXV: Hugh Jessiman Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Then take a look at the front page and all the ****post. How is a gif thread worthy? How are there so many tweets on the same topics or players as threads?

Welcome to the offseason.

I'm sure the NHL Talk and Trade Rumors boards are having such meaningful discussions right now.

Sep 19, 2008
Reddit is for nerds. People just like it because there's less moderation so people can curse.

Sep 19, 2008
After engaging in a lengthy tirade with other people on the merits and ethical MORALITY of stealing cable / paying for cable television, I determined there are really about 4 or 5 channels that I badly want to watch out of the about 60 or 70 included in a basic Cable plan.

Those networks include

CNN

ESPN for games

NBCSN for EPL / hockey

Travel Channel

Food Channel

HGTV

NFL Network

Local RSN for baseball

That's probably it. What channels are necessities if you have cable or cordcut and miss.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Reddit is for nerds. People just like it because there's less moderation so people can curse.

Yet if there were some sort of widespread discrimination against Redditors and they became a protected class, would we suddenly say "It is Redditorist to vote for a Redditor just because he is a Redditor"?

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte

mW6nlER.gif

Sep 19, 2008
I do post on Reddit and yes it drives me mad when reddit threads are just a gif or game recap or some info about a winning streak. And this isn't just hockey it's all reddit. A single tweet becomes a thread with 300 or more replies.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I do post on Reddit and yes it drives me mad when reddit threads are just a gif or game recap or some info about a winning streak. And this isn't just hockey it's all reddit. A single tweet becomes a thread with 300 or more replies.

the same **** happens on HF boards, it becomes a 20 part thread...

Sep 19, 2008
The biggest issue is redundant threads aren't deleted or merged. Someone makes a thread and it has replies. Someone makes another one with the same info a few minutes later and it isn't deleted. On news this happens a lot especially when you sort by hot. You see one thread then another one with the same content but less comments. Why are there multiple threads?

The only advantage reddit has over hfboards is messages. If someone replies to you you get a message. It's easier to hold conversation. On hf someone comments at me at midnight when I'm sleeping. No point responding.

Sep 19, 2008
Oh and irunthepeg there were two different Flames fleury threads on hockey. What's the point of that? Why can't it be one thread?

Sep 19, 2008
"player x first career goal"

GIF in OP, then 20 pages of comments

"player x headshots player y"

GIF/YT video in OP, 20 pages of comments

BO.....................

[spoil]POM[/spoil]

First of all reddit hockey gifs are not milestone but regular goals in a game. So no bopom.

Also
Oh and irunthepeg there were two different Flames fleury threads on hockey. What's the point of that? Why can't it be one thread?

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

because people would have to go into a thread and see it if it was the top comment for it to be relevant. I'll give you this, the way Reddit is designed, keeping all convo on a topic in one thread is difficult but it's fine the way it is with the voting system to keep the things people actually want to see at the top... oh and a functioning search

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
First of all reddit hockey gifs are not milestone but regular goals in a game. So no bopom.

Also

there's been plenty of "look at this nice goal" threads, or look at this nice check etc.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte

If there were actual discussion going on, I wouldn't really care.

However, this is Reddit we're talking about, so every other comment is going to be an awful pun, or an out-of-place quote from an overquoted TV show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad