Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
liarnose_335618.jpg

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto

aggressive groan

Look, I'm not looking to throw you under the bus specifically, you probably don't mean any harm, but it's this mentality that makes it so hard for women to break into the industry.

"Plus, she's hot." what does that have to do with her work? Why is that part of your personal qualifications for the job? Do you worry about the appearance of every other female writer? You diminish her work and any other female journalist's work by boiling them down to appearance.

I mean, for **** sakes, she's replacing Jonas Siegel. I love Jonas, but would anybody in the public even know what he looks like if it wasn't for his Twitter photo? It's not like she's an on-camera personality, (though the appearance talk is one-gendered there too usually) 99.9% of her job to the public eye is written work and radio hits.

Again, I doubt you mean harm individually but it's worth the individual reminder that making "is she hot" a casual bullet point for every woman who just wants to cover some sports is toxic.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
aggressive groan

Look, I'm not looking to throw you under the bus specifically, you probably don't mean any harm, but it's this mentality that makes it so hard for women to break into the industry.

"Plus, she's hot." what does that have to do with her work? Why is that part of your personal qualifications for the job? Do you worry about the appearance of every other female writer? You diminish her work and any other female journalist's work by boiling them down to appearance.

I mean, for **** sakes, she's replacing Jonas Siegel. I love Jonas, but would anybody in the public even know what he looks like if it wasn't for his Twitter photo? It's not like she's an on-camera personality, (though the appearance talk is one-gendered there too usually) 99.9% of her job to the public eye is written work and radio hits.

Again, I doubt you mean harm individually but it's worth the individual reminder that making "is she hot" a casual bullet point for every woman who just wants to cover some sports is toxic.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
aggressive groan

Dog

aggressive groan

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
aggressive groan

Sep 19, 2008
Basically the only UTers that post here every day

Dustin
Mike Emrick
Chippah
Ray
Yubbers
FyC
Doland
Syndergaard
Kyle

that's it