Useless Thread MDCCXXVIII: 1,728th Verse, Same As The First

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I love how after game 1 you said no worries, they always start slow.

Then game 2 comes around and you post this. :laugh:

They do always start slow, but figured even with that they'd still at the least take 1 game at home. And I'd still take their chances even without home ice over a 5 game series at that point. Especially sucks since they out played the Predators in periods 2 and 3 of game 1, and could have easily wound up winning that game.

Dog

They do always start slow, but figured even with that they'd still at the least take 1 game at home. And I'd still take their chances even without home ice over a 5 game series at that point. Especially sucks since they out played the Predators in periods 2 and 3 of game 1, and could have easily wound up winning that game.

Your opinion is invalid

You don't even watch hockey

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
15521fcab8642bac0a9cb1323386d896.gif

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
isn't that the kind of potential narrative you were laughing at me for

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
isn't that the kind of potential narrative you were laughing at me for

No, that's the narrative of someone who actually watched the game and could see one team easily out played the other, just didn't get any breaks. It's hockey, and in case you haven't watched in a while.... It's played on a slippery surface with odd unpredictable bounces. And sometimes the bounces just don't go your way.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Such a good swim today. Hardest swim workout I've ever done. Even puked at one point, but just swallowed it back down. Was disgusting as hell, but at least I didn't puke in the pool in front of 40+ people, and with the 6 people I was sharing a lane with.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
No, that's the narrative of someone who actually watched the game and could see one team easily out played the other, just didn't get any breaks. It's hockey, and in case you haven't watched in a while.... It's played on a slippery surface with odd unpredictable bounces. And sometimes the bounces just don't go your way.
judging by the rest of your post, you meant "yes"

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
judging by the rest of your post, you meant "yes"

No. It doesn't take a ****ing genius to watch a game, see what team is playing better than the other, but just not getting the right breaks. I don't need fancy stats to tell me common ****ing sense that my eyes can tell me.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Zaide, when you were a young up and coming poster I thought you might turn out to be something.

Well, you still did I guess, but it wound up being a pile of ****.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Can't wait till Zaide gets a job with the NHL and we just stop playing games and do simulations based off advanced stats instead.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Don't understand the fascination of trying to put a stat on every single aspect of sports. Why can't some people just watch it and enjoy it for what it is? If you're so obsessed with number go watch a Mathletes tournament or something.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Can't wait till Zaide gets a job with the NHL and we just stop playing games and do simulations based off advanced stats instead.
Avanced stats are a complimentary tool to the eye test.

Quite often, they tell a similar story. Sometimes, one tells you things the other doesn't.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Don't understand the fascination of trying to put a stat on every single aspect of sports. Why can't some people just watch it and enjoy it for what it is? If you're so obsessed with number go watch a Mathletes tournament or something.
for analysis (since you can't watch every single sports game) and because things like debates (who's better, etc) and fantasy sports (for which predictive metrics can help you) are very important aspects of a sports' fanbase (in north america at least)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot