Useless Thread MDCCXLVIII: Everyone Get on Apex Legends It's Literally Free (PC / PS4 / Xbox One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
364964.jpg

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
@Ceremony went to get my haircut today and of course by pure chance when it was my turn it was lovely blonde Polish girl. I did not ask for "the usual" nor did she comment on my new beard. The guy in the chair next to me was having his hair cut by the bloke hairdresser with long hair and glasses who looks like he definitely plays Dungeons and Dragons, and of course they started talking about Dungeons and Dragons. So I was very nearly forced to try to start a conversation with lovely Polish girl who as I've mentioned before never speaks to me, just so I wouldn't get bored shitless listening to what the blokes were talking about. But alas, my crippling social anxiety got the better of me and I said nothing.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
@Ceremony went to get my haircut today and of course by pure chance when it was my turn it was lovely blonde Polish girl. I did not ask for "the usual" nor did she comment on my new beard. The guy in the chair next to me was having his hair cut by the bloke hairdresser with long hair and glasses who looks like he definitely plays Dungeons and Dragons, and of course they started talking about Dungeons and Dragons. So I was very nearly forced to try to start a conversation with lovely Polish girl who as I've mentioned before never speaks to me, just so I wouldn't get bored ****less listening to what the blokes were talking about. But alas, my crippling social anxiety got the better of me and I said nothing.
I read this in an Alan Partridge voice

Maybe next time

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
RIP in pieces Ceres gaming.

Meanwhile I've only used my PS4 for Spotify twice over the past 2 months lirl.
While I've got you

Have you ever played anything that caused your PS4 to overheat? I'm playing Knack and during gameplay it sounds a plane taking off. Cutscenes are fine, so I'm thinking the game's just made really badly

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Good thing I bought another one a few months ago
Smart bloke.

I should buy one too for multiplayer, but it's so expensive.

While I've got you

Have you ever played anything that caused your PS4 to overheat? I'm playing Knack and during gameplay it sounds a plane taking off. Cutscenes are fine, so I'm thinking the game's just made really badly
It's not overheating, there's just certain games that take a bigger toll on the system and thus kick the fan to overdrive. Some games have that happen when you pause the game too.

@Ceremony went to get my haircut today and of course by pure chance when it was my turn it was lovely blonde Polish girl. I did not ask for "the usual" nor did she comment on my new beard. The guy in the chair next to me was having his hair cut by the bloke hairdresser with long hair and glasses who looks like he definitely plays Dungeons and Dragons, and of course they started talking about Dungeons and Dragons. So I was very nearly forced to try to start a conversation with lovely Polish girl who as I've mentioned before never speaks to me, just so I wouldn't get bored ****less listening to what the blokes were talking about. But alas, my crippling social anxiety got the better of me and I said nothing.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It's not overheating, there's just certain games that take a bigger toll on the system and thus kick the fan to overdrive. Some games have that happen when you pause the game too.
Gran Turismo is fine when you play it, when you search for car liveries/decals it goes nuts

And if the fan goes faster, what's happening if the system isn't getting overly hot?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Gran Turismo is fine when you play it, when you search for car liveries/decals it goes nuts

And if the fan goes faster, what's happening if the system isn't getting overly hot?
I think the system is just preparing for it, idk if there's a huge difference between those two modes. Obviously if you leave the console exposed to it for a long period of time, then it's probably not healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce