Useless Thread MDCCLXXII:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Can't believe the Wizards qualified for the "playoffs" only because it's a new format :laugh:

They probably won't get into the actual playoffs anyway

Sep 19, 2008

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
i've also never worked in/on any project that uses `slave`, either.

`master` and `develop`, sure. but context matters. `master` means it's the original. It's not the `main`.

so crazy

Reactions: OmniCube

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
it's like the nba banning owner

master branches being banned because it's offensive :laugh: CAN'T SAY MASTER ANYMORE!

f*** sjws

i think f*** "extremests" is a more appropriate way to say what you're saying. I'm a sjw. For real problems, though. Not development branches that signify nothing relating to the BLM movement or it's culture/history.

Sep 19, 2008
it's the sjw's fault

they want to be woke and change anything that is perceived as offensive

"You cannot say Master anymore. Master has bad connotation. Not to mention Git has nothing to do with slavery."

"You cannot use the term Owner anymore." - Draymond Green "Even though Owner has nothing to do with slavery or owning people."

Sep 19, 2008
i think f*** "extremests" is a more appropriate way to say what you're saying. I'm a sjw. For real problems, though. Not development branches that signify nothing relating to the BLM movement or it's culture/history.
it's internet outrage brother

they will raise a fuss about any term used even if it has nothing to do at all with protests

Master is a completely harmless term. I use a master lock for the gym at Planet Fitness. Is that racist?

Master password. Is that racist?

Smdh.

Sep 19, 2008
The Internet Engineering Task Force (IEFT) points out that "Master-slave is an oppressive metaphor that will and should never become fully detached from history" as well as "In addition to being inappropriate and arcane, the master-slave metaphor is both technically and historically inaccurate." There's lots of more accurate options depending on context and it costs me nothing to change my vocabulary, especially if it is one less little speed bump to getting a new person excited about tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad