Useless Thread MDCCLVI: We dem boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Hey guy, I’ve been studying programming for fifteen years. Somehow though I’m still not employable. Can anyone recommend a lab where I can learn some more? I live outside Washington DC, but can travel if needed.
At least you are studying. I know someone from the same area as you and in a similar situation who has pretented to study programming for 15 years.

Reactions: Mantis and Chippah

Mike Mills

Apr 27, 2019
At least you are studying. I know someone from the same area as you and in a similar situation who has pretented to study programming for 15 years.

Well I’ve been considering going back to school for the fifth time. My two masters, one associates, and one bachelors degree so far haven’t helped much so far, but I’m confident a third master’s degree would get me a chance to work an entry level job next to 22 year olds.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Sitting in the new house as they work on putting in vents. Fun

we just listed our yesterday again. it sold with a cash offer after the first showing. quick sale (nov 1 closing). Hopefully we can get through everything else and get the f*** on the road. We also got a 60-day leaseback so we can just buy another place after we close and move our stuff directly to it

i'm so pumped up. november 1 can't come soon enough.

Reactions: OmniCube

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
we just listed our yesterday again. it sold with a cash offer after the first showing. quick sale (nov 1 closing). Hopefully we can get through everything else and get the **** on the road. We also got a 60-day leaseback so we can just buy another place after we close and move our stuff directly to it

i'm so pumped up. november 1 can't come soon enough.
Gratz. Where ya moving to?

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
"Your system requires a DCH driver package...."

No, I don't want the stupid DCH driver package, because then I have no NVidia Control Panel, which I absolutely refuse to download from the damn Windows Store.

I'm not downloading motherf***ing GeForce Experience either.

This is bullshit. Windows, just do what I tell you.

Edit: Got it working with these instructions.

Last edited:

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
"Your system requires a DCH driver package...."

No, I don't want the stupid DCH driver package, because then I have no NVidia Control Panel, which I absolutely refuse to download from the damn Windows Store.

I'm not downloading mother****ing GeForce Experience either.

This is bull****. Windows, just do what I tell you.

Edit: Got it working with these instructions.

just for the future, i've been able to bypass windows store nonsense witch chocolatey, which is basically like an apt-get package manager for windows.

you can open a powershell admin session and run:
Code:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))

and then use the "choco" call to download stuff. Nvidia display for example:
Code:
choco install nvidia-display-driver

And there's thousands of packages out there for everything you need. Packages

Reactions: Sega Dreamcast

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
After that Lions game last week, people at the game are mercilessly booing the refs.

Last week was absolute bullshit, so why are people paying money to go to the next game?

If you're that upset about last week, simply don't go to the game.

member 157595

After that Lions game last week, people at the game are mercilessly booing the refs.

Last week was absolute bull****, so why are people paying money to go to the next game?

If you're that upset about last week, simply don't go to the game.

I cannot believe the Lions have the loyal fanbase they do after the staggering ineptitude they've displayed in their history.

One playoff win since 1958. One.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad