Useless Thread MDCCCXXXI - This thread sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
View attachment 540979

Former team owner and hockey commentator Donald S. Cherry stepped behind the bench to coach the IceDogs for the 2001–02 season, after going through five coaches in three years. The team had its best season to the date, but still failed to reach the playoffs. The IceDogs were one of the highest-selling road teams in the OHL that year, as many spectators attended games to see Don Cherry coach and seek autographs.

That was twenty years ago, the Ice Dogs current owners have been neutered and sold the franchise.

1651790919390.png

They've also been fined and lost draft choices for breaking player recruitment rules and were the worst team on the ice and the worst run franchise off it. Joey Burke was the principle owner and his son was a minority owner and coach at the time.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yeah this is not good. As I am one of our "nuanced posters", I hate when extremists do things like this which defeats the purpose of the protests and raises more sympathy for the other side.

I extremely hate extremists, zealots of any kind or cause. I have a difficult next to impossible time supporting any politician or party because of this. Even causes I would be concerned about wind up getting co-opted into something along the fringe if not at times nefarious. I think and speak for myself.

Reactions: PanthersPens62
Sep 19, 2008
See Zaide comment when browsing all forums

Gee I wonder what his comment will be about. Not going to read it either but given what's going on I can make a strong guess what it will be about.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) — The bounce-back game that the Florida Panthers needed started, perhaps fittingly, with a puck that took a fortuitous bounce.

A burst here. A burst there. And just like that, series tied.

Aleksander Barkov and Carter Verhaeghe each had a goal and an assist and the Panthers beat the Washington Capitals 5-1 on Thursday night to even the Eastern Conference first-round series at a game apiece.

“It’s nice. It’s nice to win. That’s all we want to do,” Barkov said. “Obviously, we didn’t play the right way in the first game. This game, we kept building and we got better as the game went on.”

Aaron Ekblad, Anton Lundell and Mason Marchment also scored for Florida, the top overall seed in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Sergei Bobrovsky stopped 26 shots.

“Bob kept us in the game, gave us a chance to win,” Barkov said.

I guess we will be spared from the multiple Ric Flair memes today. :laugh:

Reactions: Tarantula
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad