Useless Thread MDCCCL : New Thread for a New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I'm not gonna say I predicted Avatar 2's success, but:

it will be kinda hilarious if James Cameron can make billions off of a franchise that is literally nothing but eye candy.

"Here, you mouthbreathers, more flashing lights and shiny surfaces"

People are stupid, so it will probably rake in the money, but come on, [filming 3 sequels at the same time] is just begging everyone to point and laugh if you fail.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
PXL_20221224_024051989.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
hmm stannis seems to have survived season 2

too lazy to watch game of thrones. can someone get a cliff notes of what happens? i'm not watching like 80 hours of shit to see stannis visit the wall

Oh there's a Night King now? I'm at the part in Season 2 where Jon and his fat friends just start venturing as rangers into the North for some reason I forget.

Sep 19, 2008
they dont 'break down the wall until season 7 :laugh: f*** that

and remember @Sega Dreamcast how that dragon girl doesn't even reach Westeros until season 6

yeah there's way too much lore i have to watch until the "good" stuff goes down lol

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Bengay Stark

Meh it's too fast

It really isn't.

I found a lot of audiobook narrators speak too slowly so I started with that and I suppose I got used to it and extended that to podcasts.

Also I often put the closed captioning on for a lot of things just because it's easier for remembering character names plus sometimes accents are difficult to understand and don't have to rewind 10 seconds if I miss something. So with the subtitles on it doesn't matter if they speak a bit too quickly for you.

Sep 19, 2008
Does the night king at least play Jericho theme when he tears the wall down

BREAK THE WALLS DOWN

BAH GAWD HE'S HERE

It really isn't.

I found a lot of audiobook narrators speak too slowly so I started with that and I suppose I got used to it and extended that to podcasts.

Also I often put the closed captioning on for a lot of things just because it's easier for remembering character names plus sometimes accents are difficult to understand and don't have to rewind 10 seconds if I miss something. So with the subtitles on it doesn't matter if they speak a bit too quickly for you.
I listen to podcasts all day I've never found the need to increase speed

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Does the night king at least play Jericho theme when he tears the wall down

BREAK THE WALLS DOWN

BAH GAWD HE'S HERE

I listen to podcasts all day I've never found the need to increase speed

I went years without doing it but I listen to so much stuff at work I can get through so much more in a day and broaden my horizons!

Like I said it's just a case of getting used to it. I did it gradually with Audible. I had to put the Game of Thrones books on 1.2x because he was just so slow and most other things on 1.1x

I did originally find 1.2 too fast on Spotify but when I got so used to 1.1 and 1.2 it wasn't really very different and now I watch a lot of stuff on that as well if I feel like it's not something I need to watch on normal speed to take it all in and really concentrate on.

Right now I am watching this brilliant reality show on BBC called "The Traitors" so that's 1.2 speed all the way

22 strangers arrive at a castle in the Scottish Highlands as "Faithful" contestants – hoping to share a prize fund worth up to £120,000. Amongst them are the "Traitors" – a group of contestants selected by host Claudia Winkleman on the first day, whose goal is to eliminate the Faithfuls and claim the prize for themselves. Should the Faithful contestants eliminate all the Traitors, they will share the prize fund but if any Traitors make it to the end, they steal the money.

Each day, the Traitors come together and decide upon one Faithful contestant to "murder" – and that person will leave the game immediately. The remaining Faithful contestants will not know who has been eliminated until the next morning, when they will not enter the Castle for breakfast. The group then take part in a mission to win money for the prize fund and, in some episodes, also take part in a Shield challenge to win individual immunity from elimination, before individually voting at the Round Table for the one person they believe to be a Traitor. That person is banished from the game and must reveal their affiliation. If a Traitor is eliminated, the remaining Traitors are given the chance to recruit a Faithful to join them. If the Faithful accepts, they become a Traitor from that point on.[5]

Honestly this show is so good and they will probably end up doing a 'Merican version of it before they just turn it into The Apprentice or Love Island and have all the contestants be complete imbeciles and it becomes insufferable

Sep 19, 2008
I just put legion of s at 1 25 speed it's too fast

1 15 is reasonable

Who's most justified and the lie detector in one episode 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad