Useless Thread MDCCCIII: Fourth of July Post-game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
exactly! that's why I can't sleep at night!

Too hot. Then I put on AC. Too cold. How can I sleep?

75 is too warm for me to sleep, I put the portable AC on and I don't aim it directly at me. Keeps the room cool enough with the aid of a ceiling fan, love that fresh cool feeling when the pillow gets flipped.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Clearly the board is doing something to my gifs, compressing them or something

And now my avatar works.... with an obnoxious loop rate

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
And now it's working with a less obnoxious loop rate.

This one is 192x192, but every time before now, when I tried to size down the gif, the transparency would get messed up, so idk

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
So it still works, but something has clearly screwed with the animation.

The Dreamcast logo just kinda fades in now, rather than drawing the circular pattern

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
gbD0Jbs.gif

What the shit, they've ruined it again

Sep 19, 2008
And what about that trailer? He’s got a beard and a dog. He seems like he’s doing hard labour on some tiny fishing boat somewhere. He’s hitch-hiking, for Pete’s sake! It looks positively…gritty. Superman isn’t gritty…he’s Superman! I have developed a name for this new-found phenomenon, bear with me. I’m calling it “The Christopher Nolan Effect.”

Sep 19, 2008
Problem with Superman is, it’s surprisingly hard to make him a fully-fledged emotional character because he’s perfect. He’s super-strong, he can fly, he has a sense of justice unfettered by the more terrible end of the spectrum of human feeling and he is like, really chiselled and handsome and shit. When they were writing the comics it got to a point for the authors where they had to stop and go, “Oh crap… We’ve created someone who is indestructible and MY GOD is that boring. There is NOTHING we can do with him. We should probably invent a weakness or something, yeah? We’ll call it uuuuh…kryptonite?”

So, existing is never really going to be all that much of a struggle for Superman. But, using faulty Hollywood logic, the fact that the Batman films were successful because of a flawed and ultimately human superhero, means that we should then repeat that formula for everything that follows it. That, ladies, gentlemen and other variations thereof, is what I have dubbed ‘The Christopher Nolan Effect.’

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
And what about that trailer? He’s got a beard and a dog. He seems like he’s doing hard labour on some tiny fishing boat somewhere. He’s hitch-hiking, for Pete’s sake! It looks positively…gritty. Superman isn’t gritty…he’s Superman! I have developed a name for this new-found phenomenon, bear with me. I’m calling it “The Christopher Nolan Effect.”

Could also be attributed to the Daniel Craig Bond movies, one of the first big franchises to go the dark and serious route

Sep 19, 2008
Could also be attributed to the Daniel Craig Bond movies, one of the first big franchises to go the dark and serious route
Superman should not be working hard labour as a fisherman, or stealing people's clothes in rustic sea towns, or hitch hiking

he's f***ing superman

you don't need to go over this gritty "hard working 'Murican" side with him

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Superman should not be working hard labour as a fisherman, or stealing people's clothes in rustic sea towns, or hitch hiking

he's f***ing superman

This whole shit is so dumb.
HURRDURRR I'M AN AMERICAN! I HAVE MORE FREEDOM THAN EVERYONE ELSE AND I'M MORE IMPORTANT! THE WORK I DO IS MORE THAN THE WORK YOU DO!

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte

he's f***ing superman

The idea of Superman keeping a low profile to avoid being discovered makes sense on the surface.

In reality, showing him hitchhiking and working as a busboy in a bar is just dumb and superfluous.

We get it, Superman has a day job. We don't need to see him working, lirl

Reactions: John Price

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
It would be like if they showed Jack Bauer using the bathroom during an episode of 24.

Stuff can happen off camera without anyone acknowledging it and that's perfectly fine

Reactions: John Price

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Why am I reading this dumb Buzzfeed article about plot twists?

When Peter Parker finds out that his date's dad is the villain, The Vulture. It was something I didn't see coming at all.

That's not a god damned plot twist, the audience knew about it well in advance

Sep 19, 2008
I love how The Suicide Squad is just remade Suicide Squad

it's the same f***ing movie

Viola Davis enlists criminals to do her work

like why would you remake that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad