GDT: USA vs SVK 13.5.2024

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Complacency always seems to be a problem for us Americans in international tournaments. Don't get me started on our attitude about bronze medal games either.
the same attitude only worse displayed by Canada in bronze medal games, we are awful in them, we normally just don't care one whit.

a rather heated affair. did the us boys not expect any resistance and thought slovakia would be awestruck?
I'd say they have gotten the message or at least should have.

Reactions: Summer Rose

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
a rather heated affair. did the us boys not expect any resistance and thought slovakia would be awestruck?
It kinda looks so. Some NHL players sometimes use to think somethig like: "Those European leagues guys will get stuck in sacred awe as soon as they'll see us, the stars, hit the ice." They usually need some time to realize that those European leagues guys are no kids but professional players going into the game with competitive mentality. And that it will be necessary for any success to play solid, focused hockey.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
the same attitude only worse displayed by Canada in bronze medal games, we are awful in them, we normally just don't care one whit.
but for you guys where anything else than gold is a disappointment I kind of get the lack of enthusiasm in a bronzemedal game, it's not like for swiss, latvians, germans etc. where every medal is an exceptional achievement. in north america, a whc bronze medal is nothing to brag about

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
but for you guys where anything else than gold is a disappointment I kind of get the lack of enthusiasm in a bronzemedal game, it's not like for swiss, latvians, germans etc. where every medal is an exceptional achievement. in north america, a whc bronze medal is nothing to brag about
Totally agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad