USA vs CAN vs SWE (Hughes/Miller/Dobson/Bouchard/Brannstrom/Boqvist)

question

• Total voters

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Hughes is the best there imo.

The gap between Miller and Boqvist though is larger than the Hughes Branstrom gap.

I have both Canadians between Hughes/Branstrom and Miller/Boqvist (I'm being generous to Dobson for arguments sake).

Sweden USA Canada is my answer.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Smith is better than both Dobson and Bouchard, but keeping the poll I'd go:

Sweden
USA
Canada

Change Smith and Bouchard I put Canada 2nd.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I agree that replacing Bouchard with Smith would give Canada a boost, but I still like the two other pairs better.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I think I've had Dobson ranked higher for nearly a year.
Well, obviously we can't know who the better player will be until they both make the NHL but Hughes has been far more impressive this year. Granted, Dobson has played on a tire fire of a team and, hopefully, his trade will help his numbers. But Hughes has looked absolutely dominant in college.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well, obviously we can't know who the better player will be until they both make the NHL but Hughes has been far more impressive this year. Granted, Dobson has played on a tire fire of a team and, hopefully, his trade will help his numbers. But Hughes has looked absolutely dominant in college.

Dobson had the better World Juniors.

It's hard to judge their club play this season because Dobson has played for such a bad team.

I had Dobson ranked higher prior to the draft, and still do. I am not against the idea that he might've dropped a couple of spots since the draft, but I think Hughes has dropped, as well, and I had him ranked low to begin with.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Dobson had the better World Juniors.

It's hard to judge their club play this season because Dobson has played for such a bad team.

I had Dobson ranked higher prior to the draft, and still do. I am not against the idea that he might've dropped a couple of spots since the draft, but I think Hughes has dropped, as well, and I had him ranked low to begin with.
From all that I’ve read, Hughes has climbed the rankings. Button had him in his top 10 on his top 50 prospects list and Pronman ranked him as the best prospect outside the NHL. I’ve seen no indication that Hughes' stock has dropped in the least.

Last edited:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Dobson wasnt better at the WJC. Hughes didnt produce and had a bad semi final game but he was solid. People just think he went too fancy at the WJC, which is true but he wasnt bad at all.

Dobson didnt do anything at the WJC, didnt do bad things, didnt do great things. He was okay, but he was outplayed by Brooks and Smith.

Hughes is dominating vs college players.

Dobson was playing on a terrible team but he just got traded to one of the best teams. Its easy to look good on a really good team. Hughes has who on his team, Josh Norris? Who is out for the rest of the season, and wasnt even close to a ppg last year.

Hughes vs Dobson is close, but no one can say that Dobson has been more impressive since the draft.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
USA probably first, Sweden probably last. But I haven't seen much outside of the WJC and reports.

Who has the time to watch all of these junior leagues? That's why we have Pierre!

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Dobson was underwhelming at the WJC and Bouchard looked bad. Not sure what you were watching but Hughes looked great, he had the puck on a string, the only negative was he tried to do too much at times based on his talent being superior to his teammates. Smith & Brooks looked good on D for Team Canada and Quinn looked better than Jack IMO for the US; very small sample size though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What did you exactly explain? That Dobson was better over 6 games in the World Juniors?

Dobson is not having a bad season. He's played for a bad team, and thats made his counting stats appear worse than they are. He does his job well. He doesn't need to be responsible for the job of five other players on the ice.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
From all that I’ve read, Hughes has climbed the rankings. Button had him in his top 10 on his top 50 prospects list and Pronman ranked him as the best prospect outside the NHL. I’ve seen no indication that Hughes' stock has dropped in the least.

Button's rankings were one of the dumbest I have seen in a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad