USA Hockey Registration

intangible

Apr 28, 2010
Unless they check (which they rarely do), just fake it like many men's teams do, lol. 14 characters, last character is the first name, preceded by the player's last name, fill in the rest with random numbers. So, in the case of Shawn King, 356928938KINGS.

Or call USA Hockey, feign poverty, and see if they'll offer you a coupon code. Doesn't hurt to ask.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Isn't it like $40 a person? Wouldn't rip USA Hockey off they need all the money they can get. Makes them a better org too.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Im looking for codes too. Nowhere to be found. Its probably group rate codes for teams or clubs.

It sucks when you have to drop 500$ for league fees, spend 30$ at a pro shop to get some tape and stuff and a sharpening, and then realize that you have to shell out an additional 50$ (10$ affiliate fee) to play. Thats a lot of dough just to start playing, but hey its not a cheap hobby/passion.

The league im in makes you hand in the registration confirmation before playing and the leagues that don't are doing themselves a disservice.

The one thing that everyone should take note of is the insurance that is included (god forbid!). Thats why actually paying for the registration is important.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
The one thing that everyone should take note of is the insurance that is included (god forbid!). Thats why actually paying for the registration is important.

this is true though I will say that friends who have tried to use the USA Hockey insurance have said that it's very difficult to use which is a big reason why my local beer league is NOT USA Hockey affiliated.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
this is true though I will say that friends who have tried to use the USA Hockey insurance have said that it's very difficult to use which is a big reason why my local beer league is NOT USA Hockey affiliated.

Its really a failsafe for catastrophic events (again, god forbid). If you have a full time job, family, house, etc. like some in the adult league do, its almost mandatory to get it instead of trying to save 50$. But yes ive heard horror stories as well, mostly dealing with "normal" hockey injuries. If you get into a fight or get checked and hurt, theres little to prove you werent at fault and you will not be covered. But accidents can happen unfortunately.

Last night one of our defenseman fired a puck out of the rink above the short glass and it literally missed the head of a peewee walking out of the rink with his bag by less then a half a foot. We all had a little chuckled after we saw no one was hurt, but it immediately made me think of USA insurance as thats a perfect scenario where it may have been utilized from the league/rinks perspective - which is why they bust everyones balls about getting signed up.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
don't get me wrong, our league has insurance but the company that we use doesn't try to make it as difficult as possible to use it.
the "other" league in town used to be USA Hockey but dropped it awhile ago. it's my understanding that they now carry NO insurance for their players. crazy, imo.

Malarowski

Jul 25, 2012
Wait, Hockey USA has insurance, or rather provides some kind? Is that for injuries etc?

The rink I played at didn't have that, so basically that's an indication that you're on your own, while a Hockey USA rink will cover some cost? Or is that just for events like a lamp falling down onto you or so?

I always just assumed they collect money to impose quality and standards on rinks etc and being a bit more official.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad