USA Hockey considering ban on fighting in NAHL/USHL

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
So they are going to go to college rules now. I don't think they should be making a ban not like there a lot of fights anymore.

mattkaminski15

Feb 25, 2014
Chicago
So they are going to go to college rules now. I don't think they should be making a ban not like there a lot of fights anymore.

They also need to consider that fighting has been and always will be part of the game, if someone takes a cheap shot at your player, you've gotta stand up for them. I think a game misconduct is the farthest they should go. 2 games for fighting? That's ridiculous.

JohnZ622

Feb 9, 2013
Game misconduct makes sense though. This is basically the same as CIS(Canadian university)/NCAA rule. There's still room to retaliate for the blatantly dirty hits (cfb, running goalie etc.) but takes away the staged type fights.

Most players in USHL are going college route anyways.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Guy A takes a run at a good player. Guy B steps up to fight guy A. Guy A turtles and nothing happens, or guy A fights and then does the same crap later on in the game or a few games later.

Fighting is pointless now, especially with the large amounts of turtling you see. Just because somebody challenges a player to a fight doesn't mean they have to fight. What happens then? Nothing.

Time to move on from this.

JohnZ622

Feb 9, 2013
Well ideally guy A cheapshots guy B, league suspends guy A for 10 guys, guy A is scared but does it again (hits from behind), guy A is suspended for the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad