USA-Czech Republic notes

Discussion in 'International Tournaments' started by Gophers, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Gophers

Gophers Registered User

Watching the game last night, USA seemed to control the play for most of the game despite giving up a lot of shots. Montoya only gave up 2 goals, but I'm still not sure why he is regarded so high.

In the pre-game warmups, Schremp put on an awesome stickhandling show that amazed anyone who was paying attention. He acted like he was the greatest player in the world when he left the ice, but it was funny as hell. :bow:

Phil Kessel is the real deal.

Stafford could have won the game for his team if he could just learn to shoot high instead of trying to deak out the goalie everytime.

These are just a few observations, I'd like to know what anyone else thought of the game.

2. chicpea*

chicpea* Guest

I didn't see the warm-up but I did see the little after-the-whistle stick-handling moves on the goalie that he pulled in the first period. :shakehead '

I also saw his eight minute shift where he refused to come off the ice despite the protestations of his "mates."

3. MOGiLNY

MOGiLNY Registered User

job? whats that?
    Home Page:
    Wow.. sounds like Shremp is a real locker room cancer..

4. chicpea*

chicpea* Guest

I don't know if I'd go that far, I don't know the guy and he is still young after all. Still, he seems like a bit of a showboat. He's got the talent though....so who knows, if he plays his cards right he could be the next Keith Tkachuk. :amazed:

5. MOGiLNY

MOGiLNY Registered User

job? whats that?
    Home Page:
    I'm not saying that he'll be a cancer in the future.. but at this tournament, in tomorrow's game, it sounds like he's distrupting the team.. Could be bad news..

I felt bad for Schremp when he went so late in the draft, but I now see why a lot of teams didn't want him..

6. Lessy

Lessy Registered User

Student

I agree with everything but the Keith Tkachuk comparison. I think his style is more reminiscent to a Patrik Elias type player. I agree with the showboat and talent levels though, he has all the tools, it's what he can do with them that will determine weather he was a steal or a bad pick.

7. espo*

espo* Guest

He's the real deal allright........he's got jets,can handle the puck like nobody's business and has a major league shot and knows how to get open....i can see where guys like Lidstrom were getting caught off gaurd with the kid.....he's the next big U,.S star.

8. Berkut

Berkut Registered User

I'd like to see that. Is there a video somewhere?

9. rt

rt DingDongTippIsGone! Sponsor

I think he was refering to the fact that Tkachuk has had a great deal of success despite his abrasive, cocky, show boaty attitude.

10. Gophers

Gophers Registered User

No video of Schremp, but it's hard to explain in words what he did.

USA vs. Sweden: Kessel just blew past a Sweden defender and scored in the 2nd period. He's unstoppable :amazed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.