USA chants

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJP

Jul 27, 2009
ny
So I was at the game again this past Saturday vs the Habs, and all game long our fans were starting USA chants. I get it, we're playing a team from Canada, and we're a team from America, but these chants are so beyond stupid that I get enraged every time I hear them. You are aware that 90% of the players on our team are NOT from America. Ive been to multiple games at the Bell Center and I've never heard a Canada chant.

One of the best parts of the night was the Boulton Parros fight. Everyone was chanting USA during the fight,
Eric Boulton- Halifax
George Parros- Scenery Hill, PA

See what i'm getting at. And how bittersweet for Max, a Connecticut guy, to score the game winner.

It makes us sound like typical "American's", and frankly it makes us look stupid as hell. It's not the Olympic's, smarten up out there.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
So I was at the game again this past Saturday vs the Habs, and all game long our fans were starting USA chants. I get it, we're playing a team from Canada, and we're a team from America, but these chants are so beyond stupid that I get enraged every time I hear them. You are aware that 90% of the players on our team are NOT from America. Ive been to multiple games at the Bell Center and I've never heard a Canada chant.

One of the best parts of the night was the Boulton Parros fight. Everyone was chanting USA during the fight,
Eric Boulton- Halifax

See what i'm getting at. And how bittersweet for Max, a Connecticut guy, to score the game winner.

It makes us sound like typical "American's", and frankly it makes us look stupid as hell. It's not the Olympic's, smarten up out there.
Did you go on the Habs board as well & call their fans out for waving the Canadian flag at the game?

Its stupid, but don't act like its exclusive to us.

MJP

Jul 27, 2009
ny
I know its not exclusive to us, I'm sure almost every stadium has fans who do it.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
you don't like it, don't go?...how bout all the habs fans that talk all the garbage after the game calling people stupid Americans. I don't care where the players are from, they are playing for an American based team. not to mention a USA chant sounds so much better than a Canada chant :yo:

bigbren92

Mar 13, 2012
Oh please, if you don't like them, dont go. The habs fans all came from canada. Those chants were directed at the fans, not the players on the ice. Those habs fans were obnoxious all game, especially during the moment of silence for Sandy Hook. Those USA chants were necessary and I wish they were louder.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Oh please, if you don't like them, dont go. The habs fans all came from canada. Those chants were directed at the fans, not the players on the ice. Those habs fans were obnoxious all game, especially during the moment of silence for Sandy Hook. Those USA chants were necessary and I wish they were louder.

Xenophobia is necessary to some.

beLIever

Mar 5, 2011
New York
Doesn't everyone on an NHL contract get paid in US dollars? That used to be part of the CBA.

If that's still true, they should ALL be chanting U.S.A! U.S.A!

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Shrimp fried rice! Shrimp fried rice!

What were they doing during the moment of silence?

Giuseppe Franco

Jun 1, 2008

Eric Boulton- Halifax

Agreed. It's pretty dumb.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
It's not the nationalism that gets me so much (although I myself don't participate in this chant), it's the sheer lunkheadedness of the chant itself. Most other countries have songs that they sing or at least more interesting chants that they use to show national pride. What we have sounds like a bunch of apes trying to assert their dominance. I guess it's a bit fitting in some ways.

Mustang2750*

IMO it makes the islanders fans at the coliseum look Pejorative Slured. It's embarrassing because it makes no sense whatsoever. There was one point where the Habs had 4 American skaters out to the Isles 1 and the USA chant started up. I just laughed.
The Parros fight was definitely the most ignorant of the USA chants..I guess they were rooting for Parros to beat Boulton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad