GDT: USA (5) vs. Canada (4) • Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Good game from both teams. Congratulations USA. You guys did your country proud. Team Canada keep holding your heads high. You played really well throughout the game.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
NO ONE likes it. Ask the Russians who thought they won after the third round of the shootout. I be even most Americans don't like it, even though they won.

A game like that DESERVED for it to keep going playing hockey.

Anyway, it is what it is and we have been on the winning side of shootouts before so whats done is done.

We had a thousand chances to put this game away tonight and didnt.

the U.S not only came back from 2 goals down in the 3rd period but went the tournament without a loss, they are the deserving winners.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Not quite. The semi-final game against Russia with the Eberle tying goal with 5 seconds left was slightly better.
tavares' magical play

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Sad it had to end that way, even if I'm happy with the outcome.

Thanks to all the classy Canadian fans.

Congratulations on the victory and thank you for the amazing hockey game.

The USA deserved to win, undefeated. It was a fantastic hockey game, nothing but respect to our neighbours and opponents.

We shall meet again ;).

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Congrats Yankees!!! Congrats Parsons. Don't know if I've ever seen a kid make so many tremendous stops with the game on line. Not just in GMG but throughout playoff round.

Congrats to Hart too...Realistically, did all he could and then some in a losing cause

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Not sure about most fans - and the powers-that-be will suggest otherwise - but since they've started it seemed to me that shootouts were counter to the spirit of the game of hockey and more like a glorified game of H-O-R-S-E or chicken.

No way to determine the outcome of a team sport - either in hockey or soccer (football doesn't have shootouts :D).

Am I the only one that didn't mind the game coming down to shootout? I dunno, that just seems so "international hockey", to me. We didn't hate shootouts until the NHL had them every other game.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
I've been thinking the same. I would venture to guess its tied to the economy more than anything. Times are tough across Canada and families can't afford to shell out the money for the most expensive sport to play.

Yeah and there's just a huge population difference too.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
They battled back down two twice. It was respectable even with the shootout. Nobody wanted it to end in a shootout buddy, your boys should''ve potted one of 5 chances.

I duno. I think it's ridiculous such a good game ended in a skills comp regardless of who won. This was one of the best Junior games I've seen (might be second best to the Eberle game). To have it end in a skills comp is ridiculous. I would have loved 4 on 4 for 20 minutes. So many grade A chances in OT.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Congrats to the US and great game played by both teams. Already looking forward to next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad