Wheeler
Schremp
Gerbe
Skille
Mueller
Kessel
Bourque

Mr.Brownov*

Very impressive group of youngsters! Now let's just see if they can put it all together as a team.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Rabid Ranger said:

RR, In the other thread you mentioned you believed the following guys from outside the NCAA would make the team;
Mike Sauer
Bobby Ryan
Rob Schremp
Adam Pineault
Matt Lashoff
A.J. Thelen
Brandon Dubinsky
Peter Mueller
Keith Yandle
Chris Bourque

Only 4 of those guys ended up making it. Are you happy with that team? I'm personally pretty disappointed that Keith Yandle wasn't named because I really wanted to get a good look at him because I drafted him in my Sim league. He has apparently been possibly the best defenseman in the Q this year, so him being left off has to be a surprise, especially since hes such a great skater.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Predatore said:
That is one heck of a team.

Yep, no doubt. On paper, definetly the best team in the tourney. But I'm still reluctant (let my bias be noted :)) to consider them anything more than a co-favourite at this point. They are playing in Canada, a definite advantage for the home side, and despite turnover, there is still something to be said about defending a championship. That said, the loss of Brule is really going to hurt Canada I think. He might have been the best player in the tournament this year, especially in his hometown.

It should be a fun tournament, as always. And I certainly wouldn't be surprised in the least if another team besides the U.S./Canada wins it. Other than those rare years where one team is simply that much better than everyone else (ie. Canada last year), this tournament can be so unpredictable.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Brock said:
RR, In the other thread you mentioned you believed the following guys from outside the NCAA would make the team;
Mike Sauer
Bobby Ryan
Rob Schremp
Adam Pineault
Matt Lashoff
A.J. Thelen
Brandon Dubinsky
Peter Mueller
Keith Yandle
Chris Bourque

Only 4 of those guys ended up making it. Are you happy with that team? I'm personally pretty disappointed that Keith Yandle wasn't named because I really wanted to get a good look at him because I drafted him in my Sim league. He has apparently been possibly the best defenseman in the Q this year, so him being left off has to be a surprise, especially since hes such a great skater.

I really thought Lashoff would make it. I kinda thought Yandle would too. The thing I'm MOST suprised about is not taking TWO returning players, Pineault and Weller. Kyle must have felt that Geoff Paukovich and Nate Davis could fill those roles better.

espo*

Oshie.I'd heard his name bandied about but it did'nt sound like anyone thought he was a favourite to make the team.Anyone surprised?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Brandon Dubinsky is a top 10 scorer in the WHL and Michael Sauer deserves to be on the team.Ridiculous :shakehead

I thought the idea was to pick the best American players,not the best eligible American college kids :madfire:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
RangerBoy said:
Brandon Dubinsky is a top 10 scorer in the WHL and Michael Sauer deserves to be on the team.Ridiculous :shakehead

Top 5 Scorer in the WHL. 1st in the league in Points per Game ratio.

Sauer is better then some of the defensmen picked. What a joke.

Politics, politics, politics. :shakehead

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
cyclops said:
Oshie.I'd heard his name bandied about but it did'nt sound like anyone thought he was a favourite to make the team.Anyone surprised?

After his start at ND, I don't think anyone should be surprised.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
FLYLine88 said:

Have you actually seen ALL of the players invited to Team USA evaluation camp play and spoken to everyone involved in the selection process? How do you know it's politics? Just curious

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
FLYLine88 said:

Dubinsky has been in the WHL for 4 years!!! He should be in the top 5 scoring in the league. Who would you have taken him ahead of?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Keith Yandle should be on this team.

He is by far the top scoring dman in the Q and he is dominating in all 3 zones.

Do you think they black balled him for coming up to the Q??

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Spectacular_Bid said:
Dubinsky has been in the WHL for 4 years!!! He should be in the top 5 scoring in the league. Who would you have taken him ahead of?

Paukovich. 3 Assists in 16 games? Wow. Take a look at all 4th year players in the WHL, are they a top 5 scoring in the WHL? :shakehead

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Like Bob McKenzie says they are definitely the Gold Medal favorites going in. They have some serious firepower and a great defense. They should be a treat to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad