WJC: US NHL Network To Air All USA & Canada WJC Games! + Agree to 7 year Deal

Jumbo*

http://www.usahockey.com/world_juni...ult.aspx?NAV=AF_03&id=310096&DetailedNews=yes

Good to know that us in the US will have guaranteed coverage for the next 7 years.

TV Schedule:
Time (EST)
Dec. 26 Canada vs. Finland Edmonton, Alta. 3:30 p.m.
USA vs. Denmark Edmonton, Alta. 8 p.m.
Dec. 27 Denmark vs. Czech Republic Edmonton, Alta. 8 p.m.
Dec. 28 Finland vs. USA Edmonton, Alta. 3:30 p.m.
Czech Republic vs. Canada Edmonton, Alta. 8 p.m.
Dec. 29 Canada vs. Denmark Edmonton, Alta. 8 p.m.
Dec. 30 Czech Republic vs. USA Edmonton, Alta. 3:30 p.m.
Finland vs. Denmark Edmonton, Alta. 8 p.m.
Dec. 31 USA vs. Canada Edmonton, Alta. 8 p.m.
Jan. 2 Quarterfinal #1 Calgary, Alta. 5 p.m.
Quarterfinal #2 Calgary, Alta. 9 p.m.
Jan. 3 Semifinal #1 Calgary, Alta. 5 p.m.
Semifinal #2 Calgary, Alta. 9 p.m.
Jan. 5 Bronze-Medal Game Calgary, Alta. 3:30 p.m.
Gold-Medal Game Calgary, Alta. 8:00 p.m.

They really picked up a ton of games this year. Usually it was just the USA games.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
It is a great lineup but I wish they were picking up the Russia vs Sweden game on New years eve right after the U.S. and Canada game. Those two games might decide who wins the two groups.

NiagaraGirl

Hockey Canada fan :)
re NHL Network

You know I've been working at finding a way for my friend near Seattle to watch these games for 2 days now. Been leaving messages on USA Hockey page on FB, etc. (as Silk EOTD) and hard to get an answer about whether the live-streaming on NHL.com was free. However I went to that website tonight and when I clicked on the live streaming button it came up with a pretty expensive package price so somehow I doubt it. They did answer me back on the IIHF page saying that you can watch it on FastHockey but again I went over there and it sounds a bit expensive (I didn't sign up so I can't say for sure but it said you have to buy credits per game.)

All in all, I have been very frustrated because I have been wasting a lot of time trying to get information for my friend just to be able to watch these games with me! I know they are on NHL Network but he doesn't have that and can't afford it.

Why is U.S.A. Hockey signing a deal with NHL Network to broadcast exclusively for the next 8 years? Is it because none of the major networks most Americans get are interested? I'm just rather depressed thinking of the American fans who won't have access to this programming. :( I really wish this was available on a major network for my American friends. I think if it was it might help to expand the American fanbase for the sport.

Be that as it may, I have (after 2 frustrating days) found an inexpensive option that I have offered to share with anyone else who wants the info. I will not have the full details until the 21st sometime but it's a solution that will work from anywhere where you have a decent internet connection, not just the States. I don't want to push any links here because I don't want to be viewed as pushing advertising but I do want to let people know since it's damn frustrating to see so many fans shut out of being able to watch the games and I'm hoping to avoid it happening this year. If anyone wants the info, message me and I will send it to you once I get the details sometime tomorrow. I can say the cost is about $8 USD for a month and can be cancelled at any time so I think that's pretty reasonable.

Short of this, if anyone knows free live-streaming sites for these games that will work outside of Canada, maybe you can post it?

NiagaraGirl

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Great news and I'm stoked that NHL.com will be streaming the games as well. I have U-Verse and they still have NHL Network pulled from their channel offerings due to pricing disagreements. Glad I won't have to search out streams.

NiagaraGirl

Hockey Canada fan :)
Great news and I'm stoked that NHL.com will be streaming the games as well. I have U-Verse and they still have NHL Network pulled from their channel offerings due to pricing disagreements. Glad I won't have to search out streams.

But does the streaming cost? I was on the NHL.com page today trying to find out and all I could see was pricing packages when I tried to click on the only LIVE button I could find.

edgevolution

GO USA!
Apr 7, 2010
State of Hockey
Does anyone know what areas don't get the games? I was looking at descripitons on the NHLN website and got this:

UGjt4.jpg

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Does anyone know what areas don't get the games? I was looking at descripitons on the NHLN website and got this:

UGjt4.jpg

Don't see how there could there be "local blackouts" in the US for games played in Edmonton and Calgary.

It makes sense for NHLN-Canada, since the games are broadcast on TSN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad