US government steps into NFL investigation of Washington Commanders UPD - expanding to financial improprieties

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Congress says the NFL isn’t handing over WFT documents. Subpoenas and hearings could be next

A potential fight between Congress and the NFL is simmering after the Wall Street Journal reported Monday that the House Oversight Committee is unhappy with th...

League and team have not responded to requests from congress. May be facing subpoenas and hearings.

Not surprising at all the league would not respond. In the St Louis law suit several owners refused to turn over subpoenaed information until after they were fined for not complying.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

The investigation has been expanded to include financial improprieties.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Have to think if true,⁸ Snyder is gone, league will force him to sell.

They would have to make a complening argument of what Snyder did was actually in volition of state/federal laws. They can't just kick someone out just they no longer like the guy. The last thing NFL wants is Snyder to lawyer up and sue the league.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
They would have to make a complening argument of what Snyder did was actually in volition of state/federal laws. They can't just kick someone out just they no longer like the guy. The last thing NFL wants is Snyder to lawyer up and sue the league.
I'm guessing there's a legal and morals clause in franchise agreement that could force ouster/sale.

As I said, he'd have to be found guilty of allegations.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Snyder declines to participate remotely.

Lawyer says he's out of the country due to "longstanding Commanders-related business conflict”.

Zero reason why he should testify and I wouldn't if I were him.

Furthermore, Congress should not be involved in SH claims. That is the purvey of the EEOC- that's literally their job, not Congress'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad