US Captains/ Line Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golfguy81

Aug 2, 2005
Any guess' @ possible captain and line combinations?

Schneider
Frazee

D
Johnson/Johnson
Chorney/Niskanen
Lee/Mitera
Butler

Lines
Oshie/Kessel/Ryan
Schremp/Mueller/Porter
Fritsche/Skille/Wheeler
Gerbe/Davis/Bourque
Paukovich

Captains

C Bourque
A Fritsche
A Porter
A Kessel

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Golfguy81 said:
Any guess' @ possible captain and line combinations?

Schneider
Frazee

D
Johnson/Johnson
Chorney/Niskanen
Lee/Mitera
Butler

Lines
Oshie/Kessel/Ryan
Schremp/Mueller/Porter
Fritsche/Skille/Wheeler
Gerbe/Davis/Bourque
Paukovich

Captains

C Bourque
A Fritsche
A Porter
A Kessel

When was Skille a centre? I thought he was the quintessential Power Winger that the Blackhawks drafted him as...I don't think he is a centre...

Schremp is a centre---Mueller is a centre--Kessel is a centre--they should be the starting centres on the top three lines...

Oshie Kessel Ryan
Skille Schremp Porter
Fritsche Mueller Wheeler
Gerbe Davis Bourque

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Captains:
C- Porter (or Bourque)
A - Bourque (or Porter)
A - Lee

The Fritsche on this years team is Tom and he's not a returner. Although, they may name a new guy a captain, I would doubt it. You never know though. The only other returners are Schremp and Kessel. I can't see them naming either of those 2, especially Kessel, since apparently he doesn't play nice with some of his US teammates.

Lines:
Bourque - Kessel - Wheeler
Porter - Schremp - Ryan
Fritsche - Oshie - Skille
Gerbe - Davis - Mueller
Paukovich

Last edited:

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Spectacular_Bid said:
Captains:
C- Porter (or Bourque)
A - Bourque (or Porter)
A - Lee

The Fritsche on this years team is Tom and he's not a returner. Although, they may name a new guy a captain, I would doubt it. You never know though. The only other returners are Schremp and Kessel. I can't see them naming either of those 2, especially Kessel, since apparently he doesn't play nice with some of his US teammates.

Lines:
Bourque - Kessel - Wheeler
Porter - Schremp - Ryan
Fritsche - Oshie - Skille
Gerbe - Davis - Mueller
Paukovich
i like how u put bourque on the top line. definately not on the 4th line. last year he was th best forward for the americans until he got hurt. id say maybe a 2nd liner

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Kugel said:
he was th best forward for the americans until he got hurt.

That's debateable - He was very good until he got hurt, I'm not sure he was the best US forward. Danny Fritsche was pretty awesome the first few games. Bourque should really help out the US this year, he'll most likely be on one of the top two lines.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
King Henry I said:
Oshie - Kessel - Wheeler
Borque - Schremp - Skille
Fritsche - Mueller - Ryan
Gerbe - Davis - Porter

Keep in mind that I don't know if a lot of prospects are LW or RW but those seem like pretty logical combinations to me.

Why are those logical?

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Spectacular_Bid said:
Well it seems pretty logical, doesn't it?? ;)

Not really.. Schremp has what? 75 pts in 25 games? LAst time I checked, that wasn't bad

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
insider said:
Not really.. Schremp has what? 75 pts in 25 games? LAst time I checked, that wasn't bad
not saying who should be where. but to decide where a guy should be based on his stats is stupid. you have to decide it based on WATCHING HIM PLAY. who fits best with who, etc. you dont just pull out stat sheets for each league then make your lines on who has the most points, 2nd most, 3rd most, etc

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Oshie - Schremp - Ryan
Skille - Kessel - Bourque
Fritsche - Mueller - Wheeler
Gerbe - Davis - Porter

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
RDriesen16 said:
Oshie - Schremp - Ryan
Skille - Kessel - Bourque
Fritsche - Mueller - Wheeler
Gerbe - Davis - Porter

I would be suprised to see Skille on the either of the top lines. He's big and strong but on this team, I see him more of a 3rd liner. Also, I would HIGHLY doubt that Walt Kyle is going to play Kessel with Skille.

I think Schremp and Ryan will probably play together but they need to play with someone who is very responsible defensively but can also contribute in the offensive zone. Oshie could fill that role, I don't know enough about his game and how responsible he is defensively.

I can see them keeping Kessel and Wheeler together, they've played together a lot this year. Bourque would be a nice addition to that line.

I can't see them playing Mueller at center. I think that he'll be on the fourth line with Davis and Gerbe, with Davis at center (very responsible player)

Randall Graves*

RDriesen16 said:
not saying who should be where. but to decide where a guy should be based on his stats is stupid. you have to decide it based on WATCHING HIM PLAY. who fits best with who, etc. you dont just pull out stat sheets for each league then make your lines on who has the most points, 2nd most, 3rd most, etc
I'd like too see Skille and Ryan on the same line of course Kessell wouldn't be centering them. ;)

I actually think Schremp and Ryan would compliment each other well..I'd personally like too see what a Skille/Schremp/Ryan line could do but you could put Oshie in Skille's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad