URGENT - Roster Limit Counts

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Due to the fact that we've got some teams signing a lot of free agents, I'm going to ask each team to post the number of players they currently have in their organization.

Remember that our limit is 80.

If teams are over the 80 limit, we'll have to enforce this and ensure that they are not eligible to sign free agents through the UDFA lottery or in 2nd round bids.

Players that have left for Europe and have been moved to your prospect list will not count towards this number as they will soon be released.

Thanks for your cooperation,
Brock

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Columbus is at 56. Players gone to Europe who have moved to prospect list do count (unless it's guys like Antropov that just signed as phantom free agents). The player release window has already passed. So in my case, Ryan Potulny counts towards my 56.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Players gone to Europe who have moved to prospect list do count (unless it's guys like Antropov that just signed as phantom free agents). The player release window has already passed. So in my case, Ryan Potulny counts towards my 56.

But we do have another player release window Doug. For the past several years, we've had a second release window around October 1st. Thus, why they don't count.

IMO, we should be able to release players immediately if they flee to Europe (because they no longer count towards an NHL team's roster or contract count, why should they count towards ours), but that's an argument for a different thread.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
But we do have another player release window Doug. For the past several years, we've had a second release window around October 1st. Thus, why they don't count.

IMO, we should be able to release players immediately if they flee to Europe (because they no longer count towards an NHL team's roster or contract count, why should they count towards ours), but that's an argument for a different thread.

Did not remember that. So CBJ's count is at (I can't drive) 55.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Did not remember that. So CBJ's count is at (I can't drive) 55.

Can't find the other years threads, but here's the one from 2009...lol. I've always been in charge of collecting them so.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=699355&highlight=releases

Obviously only those players with (EURO) beside their name will be eligible to be released, as has been the case. Not another round for prospect releases. Just to allow people to jettison the ******** who left for Europe! :D

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
including todays signing of Wesley Myron but excluding the Steve Montador burp, PIT has 76 pro/farm/prospect

#missedprospectrelease #kershawwedding #worthit

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
74 for Nashville. That includes Scott Brannon (who was released but still shows up on the prospect list) and Andreas Nodl who signed in europe and will most likely be released.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Okay, so here is a case in point. Obviously you're not going to win all the lotteries, but technically your roster + offers exceed the 80-player cap.

The way I see it is this, if a team starts winning all their lotteries, they keep the players up to the one that gives them 80.

So if Ville, or any other team for that matter, gets to that point, they'd be pulled out of the lotteries for the players that haven't yet been completed. Once you hit 80, you're done.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
The way I see it is this, if a team starts winning all their lotteries, they keep the players up to the one that gives them 80.

So if Ville, or any other team for that matter, gets to that point, they'd be pulled out of the lotteries for the players that haven't yet been completed. Once you hit 80, you're done.

hm, why did i then limit my offers to the players i absolutely wanted to stay below the limit?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
hm, why did i then limit my offers to the players i absolutely wanted to stay below the limit?

I don't know Tony, you'll have to answer that one.

Quite frankly, I think it'd be absolutely ridiculous if we prevent teams from entering the lottery on players despite lots of roster room.

We're in a different position than the NHL in the fact that these players won't outright make a decision to sign with us. They're assigned to us after a lottery. There's no way to predict how many of these players you'll get. I see absolutely no problem with teams entering the lottery on players, and should they win a few that puts them to the limit, they'll then be forced to withdraw from other lotteries.

Honestly, I'm surprised at how much attention this whole roster limit thing is getting currently, and in a lot of ways frustrated, because of how minor an issue it really is. I think I'm done speaking about it now. If you guys want a Commish that cares more about this issue, I'd suggest finding a new one. ;)

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
^^ i guess order for UDFA lottery and 2nd round need to be random because of reasons couple posts ago.

or if teams go over roster limit, then they just trade players out for picks.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
As far as I can remember it has been ok to bid on any number of players, as long as you are under 80 at all times during the season. Last year I think I lost all the 30 something lotteries I was in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad