Confirmed with Link: Urbom Called Up From AHL

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Good move. Hopefully Lou is thinking "I'll give him a few games here at the end of the season, see how he performs and wether he's ready to play regularly next season. Then I can get rid of Volchenkov/Tallinder/Harrold/Zidlicky/Whomever".

Ya, that's my hope too. Get him some experience here in garbage time when it can't hurt.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Play all the D!

x-all-the-things-template.png

in my mind, this meme goes hand in hand with cowbell :laugh: well done

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Replacing his minutes, anyway. Urbom plays a decently physical game but he can't hit like the A-Train.

I'll take the 90% of what Urbom can do better then Volch over the 10% Volch can do better then Urbom, any day of the week.

I will be beyond disgusted if something drastic isn't done with Anton Volchenkov this off season. He has no business being on our team today or for the following years of his deal and he's eating a big chunk of cap space that could be used elsewhere, like at the ****ing forward position.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'll take the 90% of what Urbom can do better then Volch over the 10% Volch can do better then Urbom, any day of the week.

I will be beyond disgusted if something drastic isn't done with Anton Volchenkov this off season. He has no business being on our team today or for the following years of his deal and he's eating a big chunk of cap space that could be used elsewhere, like at the ****ing forward position.

I'm not sure we'll get that lucky. I still think he won't be gone until 2014, but who knows? I can easily see us letting Zidlicky walk, and just bringing back the same 6 that are already signed with Harrold as a number 7 maybe. Then our defense will go back to scoring 15 goals a year like it has been since Rafalski left. Unless Larsson breaks out offensively we'll have no good offense from the blue line other than Greene, and a bunch of stay at home guys.

If we can get some scoring through forwards it won't be as big of a blow. Kinda like our allergic to scoring defense last year when we had Parise in the lineup.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Didn't he play in the final Boston game 3 years ago? and score?

I think they were referring to Kinkaid. Urbom actually made the team out of camp in 10-11 and did play in the final Boston game along with quite a few earlier in the season. He wasn't so bad when we had a bunch of junk like that corpse Corrente, OMG, Eckford, and other crap call ups.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I'm not sure we'll get that lucky. I still think he won't be gone until 2014, but who knows? I can easily see us letting Zidlicky walk, and just bringing back the same 6 that are already signed with Harrold as a number 7 maybe. Then our defense will go back to scoring 15 goals a year like it has been since Rafalski left. Unless Larsson breaks out offensively we'll have no good offense from the blue line other than Greene, and a bunch of stay at home guys.

If we can get some scoring through forwards it won't be as big of a blow. Kinda like our allergic to scoring defense last year when we had Parise in the lineup.

Well I can tell you this much, we aren't landing a Parise'esq player this summer and if we let Zidlicky walk and go with Greene-Larsson, Salvador-Fayne and Tallinder-Volchenkov/Harrold... I can definitly say that we'll be in a world of hurt offensive at even strenght, our PP will be a even bigger joke and we're just asking for trouble when breaking out of our zone.

The fact that our netminders aren't what they used to be, is another reason why we need to get more mobile at the backend, so we can at least cover up our own mistakes when turning the puck over. Now, we're just giving away the puck and we don't have the foot speed to get back in the play.

It's no coincidence that our best "all around defensive play" happend whitout the presence of both Salvador and Volchenkov, two guys who play with cement skates and handle the puck like a grenade that's about to blow up whitin the second.

Robert Theodorson

Apr 27, 2010
Washington DC
This is only his 2nd yr as a pro.... I forgot we are suppose to hand him the job on a silver platter. Thanks for reminding me.

No problem. If you're that sarcastic in the morning I'd hate to see you after a few drinks.

I felt horrible for Kinkaid when he had to sit there and watch Hedberg suck night after night, he got thrown into the fire once and that was it for him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well I can tell you this much, we aren't landing a Parise'esq player this summer and if we let Zidlicky walk and go with Greene-Larsson, Salvador-Fayne and Tallinder-Volchenkov/Harrold... I can definitly say that we'll be in a world of hurt offensive at even strenght, our PP will be a even bigger joke and we're just asking for trouble when breaking out of our zone.

The fact that our netminders aren't what they used to be, is another reason why we need to get more mobile at the backend, so we can at least cover up our own mistakes when turning the puck over. Now, we're just giving away the puck and we don't have the foot speed to get back in the play.

It's no coincidence that our best "all around defensive play" happend whitout the presence of both Salvador and Volchenkov, two guys who play with cement skates and handle the puck like a grenade that's about to blow up whitin the second.
The sad thing is I can see the Kremlin Kone going right back in the lineup after his suspension which unfortunately ends for the Rangers game this Sunday. I could see Pete putting him in for the ''Physicality'' factor and keeping him in.

Next year with no Zidlicky or Gelinas we won't have any good defensemen playing the power play. Yeah Tallinder can play it, and so can Harrold and Fayne, but it would really suck if those are our best options. I'm sure Larsson will get a chance, but he'll be a newbie.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm fine with the D, but Loktionov sitting over Poni/D'Agostini? Especially after forcing him to play on the Invis-A-Line with them? Ugh. Jacob has played wing before.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2m
DeBoer said Urbom won't play tonight. So same 6 D as Monday in Toronto.

Meh... whatever. Urbom just put some extra milleage on his car and that's about all he'll add in his quick stint with the Devils. That and free luxury box meals.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

I agree with you. Volch should be amnestied this summer, but I don't expect it to happen. Lou seems content to keep crap veterans in instead of introducing rookies into the lineup. None of the prospects are in danger of busting yet, but he better not slow their development while we're icing this ramshackle defence.

Meh... whatever. Urbom just put some extra milleage on his car and that's about all he'll add in his quick stint with the Devils. That and free luxury box meals.

I'm sure practising with the big club helps him even if he doesn't play all the remaining games.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00