Rumor: Uptick In Lamoriello to NYI Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Trust me. As a devils fan, you don't want Lamiorello. That ship has sailed.

we're looking at it as step in the right direction if it actually happens .

not the swamp drainage thats preferred but when we're left to speculate as to why that cant happen it kinda drives you nuts.

CRYHAVOC

Sep 29, 2017
Trust me. As a devils fan, you don't want Lamiorello. That ship has sailed.

Agreed, the problem here is many Isles fans want something, anything to happen to end this Franchise's pain, and our collective pain, rather then having the correct change happen. I don't want Lou now, Lombardi is another story; he, Lombardi, is someone who could transform this Franchise for the positive.

Reactions: periferal

scott99

May 13, 2005
I would think, IF it were true, Lou would come in for only a couple of years, and then his son would take over. Also, IF true, hopefully Snow gets bumped up to a position that doesn’t deal with player management, and has nothing to do with managing the GM. I still am very pessimistic about this.

Reactions: IslandersFan17

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Garth Snow is lost at sea.

What's the fattest and dumbest creature in the sea? That's Snow.

Agreed, the problem here is many Isles fans want something, anything to happen to end this Franchise's pain, and our collective pain, rather then having the correct change happen. I don't want Lou now, Lombardi is another story; he, Lombardi, is someone who could transform this Franchise for the positive.

2075176_1.jpg

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
and all the "talks" are simply people like us, saying we wish he would sign with the Isles.

This really is a non- thread.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I would think, IF it were true, Lou would come in for only a couple of years, and then his son would take over. Also, IF true, hopefully Snow gets bumped up to a position that doesn’t deal with player management, and has nothing to do with managing the GM. I still am very pessimistic about this.
This was my initial thought, Lou would essentially help his son to eventually take over.

As far as Snow, there is zero way he takes any changes quietly. The guy is a well documented pompous....

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
At least if LL comes in, something will change. LL has two really important relevant qualities. First, he's not patient with coaches. Do we ever need that? Second, he has the guts to make the big trade. Frankly, so long as he doesn't trade Barzal, he can go for it.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
At least if LL comes in, something will change. LL has two really important relevant qualities. First, he's not patient with coaches. Do we ever need that? Second, he has the guts to make the big trade. Frankly, so long as he doesn't trade Barzal, he can go for it.
Yeah it’s not exactly like we have diamonds to trade away except for barzal.

I’m guessing if Tavares leaves, Lou comes in and cleans house and we do a full rebuild. That is my hope if JT leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad