Upside Hockey's 2024 NHL Draft Midterm Rankings plus NHL Central Scouting's Rankings Combined

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
"This is our February update to our patented quintessential spreadsheet format, composed by the incomparable Chief of Scouting, E-Mac. Check out the many tabs/sheets (subjects along the bottom) of this spreadsheet. Watch for features to be added and expanded upon as the season unfolds.

For this edition, you will notice additional tab NHL-CS, which is our Chief Scout E-Mac's exclusive combining of NHL Central Scouting's segregated Midterm Rankings."

Nearly 378 prospects included! Yah, safe to say it's the most comprehensive free NHL draft resource on the planet. Let us know if you a similar tool to match up against it.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
I'm under the impression that since there's an abundance of quality LHD actually, their value comes the draft might fall off a little bit.

Guys like Silayev, Buium and Dickinson might be chosen a little bit later than their talent suggests.

Teams that need LHD might take advantage of it.

Columbus, Calgary, Minnesota, Phoenix or Seattle for example.

Teams like Chicago or S-J need everything, so they're a possibility too.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpsideHockey

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have the impression that since there's an abundance of quality LHD actually, their value comes the draft might fall off a little bit.

Guys like Silayev, Buium and Dickinson might be chosen a little bit later than their talent suggests.

Teams that need LHD might take advantage of it.

Columbus, Calgary, Minnesota, Phoenix or Seattle for example.

Teams like Chicago or S-J need everything, so they're a possibility too.
You don't pass on Silayev or Dickinson because there are a lot of lesser LHD later on.
Buium might drop because of Levshunov, Parekh, and Yakemchuk also being in the crowded offensive D category.

I would also dispute that Minnesota needs LHD. They have Brodin amd Middleton right now(among others), and Hunt, O'Rourke, Peart, and Lambos ready to filter in during the next year or two. They have an aging Spurgeon and Faber at RHD, and after that some longshots to be NHL'ers. They'd prefer a RHD, but in this draft they will take BPA.

Reactions: UpsideHockey

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Who is number 33? For whatever reason, when I open the spreadsheet, 33 does not appear. Being a draft nerd, I love your spreadsheet, and all your information. I will have to send you mine, tracking all the rankings.
We're working on this! It's not you haha - would love to see your spreadsheet as well! Could send to [email protected]. Cheers!

spikethedog

Mar 24, 2020
Who is number 33? For whatever reason, when I open the spreadsheet, 33 does not appear. Being a draft nerd, I love your spreadsheet, and all your information. I will have to send you mine, tracking all the rankings.
Oops, my way bad! Thank you for picking up on this. I need to practice my 1,2 3's. When I was making changes to round 2 I started at 34 instead of 33. So every player after round 1 should be bumped up one spot.
When I was checking out this discrepancy, I compared Central Scouting's list to Bob MacKenzie's. I know that we on hfboards like to crap on them but overall Central Scouting did a pretty decent job. Kudos to them!

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
We made the executive decision to update the ultra mega super spectacular spreadsheet with #33 for the next update. Glad you guys pay close enough attention to notice - it's so amazingly in-depth, we're bound to miss a thing or two and all eyes are welcome to help us out make it as glorious and polished as possible. In return, you guys get this quintessential and free resource!

Stay tuned! In the meantime check our prospect profile series thread - now up to 95 profiles!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad