upshall out 1 month

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Dude it's Upshall! He will never be healthy for a full season. (Or half?)
It was a dumb injury though, it happened when Wright fell on top of him and his leg got bent the wrong way.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Dude it's Upshall! He will never be healthy for a full season. (Or half?)
It was a dumb injury though, it happened when Wright fell on top of him and his leg got bent the wrong way.

This ankle injury is was just bad luck. He was jumped after a hard hit that I don't believe was aimed at the head but this is the new NHL. There has to be a fight after every hard hit now, or so it seems. The Stuart hit on Landeskog was way worse imo.

I just admire Upshall for playing like he does after so many injuries.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
He was horrendous so far to start, won't be missed.

He's not worth the money he was signed for but I would put that on Dale Tallon. I didn't really expect much from him. I think he's a good checking line player though. I like him on a line with Smithson and Skille. Oh well.

The alternative is much worse. George Parros returns!

Last edited:

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I like Upshall, he not great with his hands, his shot isint that great, but what i liked about him was his work ethic. Every game he put his 110% out there.(How many times can we say that about guys this season) He puts his body on the line every game.

Now i realize his contract is a bit over the top, but i just think he should be appreciated a little bit more around here.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I like Upshall, he not great with his hands, his shot isint that great, but what i liked about him was his work ethic. Every game he put his 110% out there.(How many times can we say that about guys this season) He puts his body on the line every game.

Now i realize his contract is a bit over the top, but i just think he should be appreciated a little bit more around here.

I'm with you. His energy and hitting will be missed. The hit on Zach Redmond was a close call imo but he got right up after it. It's not like the guy was left laying on the ice and warranted the action Wright took. Wright also has to be responsible for his actions. His guy wasn't hurt but Upshall nearly broke his ankle as a direct result of Wright's tackling him. If Parros is going to play in Winnipeg on Tuesday, I hope he breaks the code and bends James Wright in half on his home ice in front of his home crowd. Rivalries are started this way which isn't a bad thing.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Any chance Howden gets recalled because of this? Many of us that know him well have tickets for the game in the Peg and are hoping he gets recalled as want to see him play. Any news on that? Or will it be Santorelli?

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Any chance Howden gets recalled because of this? Many of us that know him well have tickets for the game in the Peg and are hoping he gets recalled as want to see him play. Any news on that? Or will it be Santorelli?

I believe Weiss will be coming back and taking his place.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I'm with you. His energy and hitting will be missed. The hit on Zach Redmond was a close call imo but he got right up after it. It's not like the guy was left laying on the ice and warranted the action Wright took. Wright also has to be responsible for his actions. His guy wasn't hurt but Upshall nearly broke his ankle as a direct result of Wright's tackling him. If Parros is going to play in Winnipeg on Tuesday, I hope he breaks the code and bends James Wright in half on his home ice in front of his home crowd. Rivalries are started this way which isn't a bad thing.

+1

I watched the play a number of times and it was more a defensive action by upshall than anything else.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
sorry, upshall hasn't impressed me and his contract is atrocious!!!! he is an upgrade over parros, anyone is an upgrade over parros. as far as parros fighting in Winnipeg, don't hold your breath, he's been invisible in the physical game, actually invisible period!!!!:shakehead:shakehead:rant:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Next time we play TB..

If Wright and Parros are in the lineup. I EXPECT Parros to fight Wright. He's got to give him some playback after throwing Upshall to the ice like a jerk. It's not a wrestling match!

Parros better do something about it next time..

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Speaking of Tampa Bay, next time we play them, I would hope someone goes after Crombeen for that cheap knee-on-knee hit on Jovo. There was no look at it by the league and he didn't make the road trip (not that that's a bad thing, but still).

I wouldn't expect any emotions to really carry over from the Winnipeg game. Upshall's injury resulted in the way he fell defending himself from Wright. Although, it seems every time we play the Jets, things are more chippy and physical than normal.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Speaking of Tampa Bay, next time we play them, I would hope someone goes after Crombeen for that cheap knee-on-knee hit on Jovo. There was no look at it by the league and he didn't make the road trip (not that that's a bad thing, but still).

I wouldn't expect any emotions to really carry over from the Winnipeg game. Upshall's injury resulted in the way he fell defending himself from Wright. Although, it seems every time we play the Jets, things are more chippy and physical than normal.

Perhaps it will be Guds. I really don't care for Upshall. Wish we could dump his salary. And this thread could probably be moved to the injury thread.

-ghoste

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
maybe parros will finally do his job, but i doubt it!!! don't want guds fighting after coming back from a shoulder injury, and ellerby is not a fighter. actually we don't have any fighters unless you count parros as one. never mind we don't have any fighters. best to just play gritty and stay out of fights with the players we have!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad