NFL: Upset of the Week - Week 8 - The Return of the Extra Bonus Challenge!!

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
As you may remember, in week 17 last season I offered an extra incentive for anyone who would be bold enough to take the then hapless Dolphins to win in Foxboro. No one took that offer & may have had strong regrets. Well, here is another shot.....we have the Chiefs as a monster favorite (19 & 1/2 currently) over the hapless Jets. Anyone bold enough to take the Jets will earn TWO wins AND have 1 loss removed from his/her record. So, if your current record is 3-4 & you pick the Jets & they win, your record will move to 5-3.

That said, I will NOT be taking that challenge. :laugh: Instead, I will be going homer this week. This is the week Dolfans have been waiting for since we drafted Tua. He has a yuuuuuge challenge facing him in one Aaron Donald. But the Rams will be coming off a short week and a long trip for a 1PM game in warm/humid conditions. This will make for a very happy beginning to the Tua era. Official pick:

Dolphins over Rams

Rams favored by 3 & 1/2

Backup Pick: Lions over Colts (Colts favored by 3.....this will be a weekly feature as long as the scheduling issues are a factor)

NFL Latest Line Week 8: NFL lines This Week. Weekly NFL line. Pro football betting lines.

Week 1: - Dolphins over Pats (L)
Week 2 - Vikings over Colts (L)
Week 3 - Broncos over Bucs (L) :facepalm: :facepalm:
Week 4 - Bear over Colts (L)
Week 5 - Titans over Bills (W)
Week 6 - TOMpa Bay over Packers (W)
Week 7 - Cards over Seahawks (W)

Season: 3-4

member 157595

I can see someone taking the Jets to possibly cover the spread, though I still wouldn't take that bet. But you have the defending champs, who I think are the best team in football, against one of the worst teams anyone here has ever seen (and that also happened to be coached by a potato.)

If the Jets can keep this game to under a 3-touchdown margin it's a massive win on their part. I don't even think they'd have much of a chance against KC without Mahomes, so with a healthy Mahomes it may well be a bloodbath by the end of the 1st quarter.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
2-4

1: Rams over Cowboys
2: Vikings over Colts
3: Texans over Steelers
4: Panthers over Cardinals
5: Browns over Colts (CLE became favored and never made a new pick)
6: Jaguars over Lions
7: Bengals over Browns

8: Broncos over Chargers

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Week 1- Panthers L
Week 2- Raiders- W
Week 3- Raiders- L
Week 4- Lions- L
Week 5- Panthers Massive dub
Week 6- Jacksonville- Big fat L
Week 7- Cincinnati- L
Week 8- Dah Raiduhs

Backup pick- New England

I do question how Raiders are the underdogs though.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
As you may remember, in week 17 last season I offered an extra incentive for anyone who would be bold enough to take the then hapless Dolphins to win in Foxboro. No one took that offer & may have had strong regrets. Well, here is another shot.....we have the Chiefs as a monster favorite (19 & 1/2 currently) over the hapless Jets. Anyone bold enough to take the Jets will earn TWO wins AND have 1 loss removed from his/her record. So, if your current record is 3-4 & you pick the Jets & they win, your record will move to 5-3.

That said, I will NOT be taking that challenge. :laugh: Instead, I will be going homer this week. This is the week Dolfans have been waiting for since we drafted Tua. He has a yuuuuuge challenge facing him in one Aaron Donald. But the Rams will be coming off a short week and a long trip for a 1PM game in warm/humid conditions. This will make for a very happy beginning to the Tua era. Official pick:

Dolphins over Rams

Rams favored by 3 & 1/2

Backup Pick: Lions over Colts (Colts favored by 3.....this will be a weekly feature as long as the scheduling issues are a factor)

NFL Latest Line Week 8: NFL lines This Week. Weekly NFL line. Pro football betting lines.

Week 1: - Dolphins over Pats (L)
Week 2 - Vikings over Colts (L)
Week 3 - Broncos over Bucs (L) :facepalm: :facepalm:
Week 4 - Bear over Colts (L)
Week 5 - Titans over Bills (W)
Week 6 - TOMpa Bay over Packers (W)
Week 7 - Cards over Seahawks (W)

Season: 3-4
Don't be a baby , take the Jets!:laugh:

Reactions: PanthersPens62

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
The incentive is not strong enough.

Sharks2020

Jun 24, 2019
San Mateo, California
Week 1: Packers over Vikings (W)
Week 2: Patriots over Seahawks (L)
Week 3: Broncos over Buccaneers (L)
Week 4: Jaguars over Bengals (L)
Week 5: Bears over Buccaneers (W)
Week 6: 49ers over Rams (W)
Week 7: Lions over Falcons (W)
Week 8: Broncos over Chargers​

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Week 1 - LA Rams over Dallas (1-0)
Week 2 - Minnesota over Indianapolis (1-1)
Week 3 - Green Bay over New Orleans (2-1)
Week 4 - Las Vegas over Buffalo (2-2)
Week 5 - Tennessee over Buffalo (3-2)
Week 6 - San Francisco over LA Rams (4-2)
Week 7 - Pittsburgh over Tennessee (5-2)

Week 8 - Detroit over Indianapolis

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
Week 1 - Falcons over Seahawks (L)
Week 2 - Rams over Eagles (W)
Week 3 - Rams over Bills (L)
Week 4 - Jaguars over Bengals (L)
Week 5 - Panthers over Falcons (W)
Week 6 - Buccaneers over Packers (W)
Week 7 - Texans over Packers (L)

Week 8 - Lions over Colts

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Week 1: Packers over Vikings (W)
Week 2: Vikings over Colts (L)
Week 3: Packers over Saints (W)
Week 4: Bears over Colts (L)
Week 5: Panthers over Falcons (W)
Week 6: Cowboys over Cardinals (L)
Week 7: Lions over Falcons (W)
Week 8: Steelers over Ravens

Lots of good choices this week. I just see the Ravens offence not being able to match the Steelers TD for TD. PIT in a close one!

Record: 4-3

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Isn't Chiefs vs. Jets actually the NFL game with the highest spread ever? Anyway, after losing four in a row and three good picks afterwards, I am flying high enough to trust the Lions once again.

Week 1: CIN > LAC (-)
Week 2: MIN > IND (-)
Week 3: LAR > BUF (-)
Week 4: DET > NO (-)
Week 5: CAR > ATL (+)
Week 6: CHI > CAR (+)
Week 7: DET > ATL (+)
Week 8: DET > IND

Gruß,
BSHH

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm going to Thursday Night Football and taking the Falcons over the Panthers. They have to come out ahead in one of these close games eventually. Hopefully they do it before they get to the Saints

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Not sure but i think there a 3 way tie for the lead.
Your self ,Mark and I , We both took LV while Mark is on Pitt.
Not everyone is posting overall records but I think thats pretty accurate.

Edit 87 is 5-2 we need to do something about that![/b[

The Colts did that today.:laugh: Wasn't even close

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad