NFL: Upset of the Week - Week 11 - The Standard is The Standard....Obviously.....The Sequel!!

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
So, this was the title of the thread back in week 14, December of 2018, when the contending Stillers visited the 2-10 Raiders & I correctly nailed that upset call. It was what we affectionately call "The Mike Tomlin Special". It happens at least once a year when you least (or most :laugh:) expect it & I have had this game circled since the schedule came out. I will not live in my fears! If you are looking for a rational explanation for why it will happen, look elsewhere! I will say, though, that a yuge rematch with the Ravens awaits that they may be looking ahead to & historically the Jags have not always been kind to the Stillers, so this weeks official pick, which will also be an additional Extra Bonus Challenge game, is....

Jags over Stillers

Stillers favored by 10

Backup Pick: Pats over Texans (Texans favored by & 1/2.....this will be a weekly feature as long as the scheduling issues are a factor)

Also, the Jets remain an Extra Bonus Challenge for those bold enough to pick them

NFL Latest Line Week 11: NFL lines This Week. Weekly NFL line. Pro football betting lines. (footballlocks.com)

Week 1: - Dolphins over Pats (L)
Week 2 - Vikings over Colts (L)
Week 3 - Broncos over Bucs (L) :facepalm: :facepalm:
Week 4 - Bear over Colts (L)
Week 5 - Titans over Bills (W)
Week 6 - TOMpa Bay over Packers (W)
Week 7 - Cards over Seahawks (W)
Week 8 - Dolphins over Rams (W)
Week 9 - Buffalo Bills over Seahawks (W)
Week 10 - Seahawks over Rams (L)

Season: 5-5

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
So, this was the title of the thread back in week 14, December of 2018, when the contending Stillers visited the 2-10 Raiders & I correctly nailed that upset call. It was what we affectionately call "The Mike Tomlin Special". It happens at least once a year when you least (or most :laugh:) expect it & I have had this game circled since the schedule came out. I will not live in my fears! If you are looking for a rational explanation for why it will happen, look elsewhere! I will say, though, that a yuge rematch with the Ravens awaits that they may be looking ahead to & historically the Jags have not always been kind to the Stillers, so this weeks official pick, which will also be an additional Extra Bonus Challenge game, is....

Jags over Stillers

Stillers favored by 10
Obviously at this particular juncture of the season, the standard has been the standard, and that standard has been to win Football games. Therefore and henceforth we will not live in our fears. Obviously with the COVID scenarios going on in the world, and things of that nature, we have had to learn more about our team and pivot to different avenues and alleyways. But it is what it is, obviously, and we will not make excuses.

Obviously.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Obviously at this particular juncture of the season, the standard has been the standard, and that standard has been to win Football games. Therefore and henceforth we will not live in our fears. Obviously with the COVID scenarios going on in the world, and things of that nature, we have had to learn more about our team and pivot to different avenues and alleyways. But it is what it is, obviously, and we will not make excuses.

Obviously.
Pleasure to meet you, Coach! :biglaugh:

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Week 1- Panthers L
Week 2- Raiders- W
Week 3- Raiders- L
Week 4- Lions- L
Week 5- Panthers Massive dub
Week 6- Jacksonville- Big fat L
Week 7- Cincinnati- L
Week 8- Dah Raiduhs- W
Week 9- San Francisco- L
Week 10- Seahawks- L
Week 11- Eagles

Backup pick-Rams

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Once again pondering taking the New York Jets Challenge

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Week 1 - LA Rams over Dallas (1-0)
Week 2 - Minnesota over Indianapolis (1-1)
Week 3 - Green Bay over New Orleans (2-1)
Week 4 - Las Vegas over Buffalo (2-2)
Week 5 - Tennessee over Buffalo (3-2)
Week 6 - San Francisco over LA Rams (4-2)
Week 7 - Pittsburgh over Tennessee (5-2)
Week 8 - Detroit over Indianapolis (5-3)
Week 9 - New Orleans over Tampa Bay (6-3)
Week 10 - Seattle over LA Rams (6-4)

Week 11 - Green Bay over Indianapolis -2.5 for now.​

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Lions over Panthers

EDIT- Now DET's a favorite over CAR with Bridgewater ruled out, so I gotta make a backup pick......

Taking the Jets Bonus challenge.

I'M GOING J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS TO GET THEIR FIRST WIN!

Last edited:

Sharks2020

Jun 24, 2019
San Mateo, California
Week 1: Packers over Vikings (W)
Week 2: Patriots over Seahawks (L)
Week 3: Broncos over Buccaneers (L)
Week 4: Jaguars over Bengals (L)
Week 5: Bears over Buccaneers (W)
Week 6: 49ers over Rams (W)
Week 7: Lions over Falcons (W)
Week 8: Broncos over Chargers (W)
Week 9: Bears over Titans (L)
Week 10: Chargers over Dolphins (L)
Week 11: Packers over Colts

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
4-

1: Rams over Cowboys
2: Vikings over Colts
3: Texans over Steelers
4: Panthers over Cardinals
5: Browns over Colts (CLE became favored and never made a new pick)
6: Jaguars over Lions
7: Bengals over Browns
8: Broncos over Chargers
9: Bills over Seahawks
10: Bills over Cardinals

11: Bengals over WFT

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Week 1: Packers over Vikings (W)
Week 2: Vikings over Colts (L)
Week 3: Packers over Saints (W)
Week 4: Bears over Colts (L)
Week 5: Panthers over Falcons (W)
Week 6: Cowboys over Cardinals (L)
Week 7: Lions over Falcons (W)
Week 8: Steelers over Ravens (W)
Week 9: Colts over Ravens (L)
Week 10: Seahawks over Rams (L)
Week 11: Packers over Colts

I need a rebound week and I am going back on the trusted Packers as an underdog road.

Record: 5-5

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
Week 1 - Falcons over Seahawks (L)
Week 2 - Rams over Eagles (W)
Week 3 - Rams over Bills (L)
Week 4 - Jaguars over Bengals (L)
Week 5 - Panthers over Falcons (W)
Week 6 - Buccaneers over Packers (W)
Week 7 - Texans over Packers (L)
Week 8 - Detroit over Indianapolis (L)
Week 9 - Baltimore over Indianapolis (W)
Week 10 - Houston over Cleveland (L)

4-6

Week 11 - Houston over New England (Bengals over WSH as backup)

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Week 1 - LA Rams over Dallas (1-0)
Week 2 - Minnesota over Indianapolis (1-1)
Week 3 - Green Bay over New Orleans (2-1)
Week 4 - Las Vegas over Buffalo (2-2)
Week 5 - Tennessee over Buffalo (3-2)
Week 6 - San Francisco over LA Rams (4-2)
Week 7 - Pittsburgh over Tennessee (5-2)
Week 8 - Detroit over Indianapolis (5-3)
Week 9 - New Orleans over Tampa Bay (6-3)
Week 10 - Seattle over LA Rams (6-4)

Week 11 - Green Bay over Indianapolis -2.5 for now.​
Think its just us now knotted up at the top.
We both took GB but i was seriously leaning towards the Natty , then I remembered they are the Bungles.

Reactions: TNT87

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
As a Bills fan at that moment this pool was the furthest thing from my mind..:laugh:

My cousin is a Bills fan and he shocked and ticked off.

He sent me a video, from what I believe a news station filming the game, and it did look like the ball hit the ground and moved in his arms. I told him however, from the game cameras, there was no way they were going to overturn it from those angles they showed on the replays.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Gonna hedge my bets and take the Falcons against the Saints and make Taysom eat my words. Other problem is Lattimore is out and that could mean more big plays by a Falcons team playing with some more confidence

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Down 3-7 and late to the party, that's not ideal. Anyway, I join the Packers line (who are still underdogs with 1.5 at the moment) => GB > IND.

Gruß,
BSHH

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Gonna hedge my bets and take the Falcons against the Saints and make Taysom eat my words. Other problem is Lattimore is out and that could mean more big plays by a Falcons team playing with some more confidence
That game was ugly for Atl.. i would have walked off the field if i ws Ryan.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

Jags over Stillers

Stillers favored by 10

Backup Pick: Pats over Texans (Texans favored by & 1/2.....this will be a weekly feature as long as the scheduling issues are a factor)

Also, the Jets remain an Extra Bonus Challenge for those bold enough to pick them

NFL Latest Line Week 11: NFL lines This Week. Weekly NFL line. Pro football betting lines. (footballlocks.com)

Week 1: - Dolphins over Pats (L)
Week 2 - Vikings over Colts (L)
Week 3 - Broncos over Bucs (L) :facepalm: :facepalm:
Week 4 - Bear over Colts (L)
Week 5 - Titans over Bills (W)
Week 6 - TOMpa Bay over Packers (W)
Week 7 - Cards over Seahawks (W)
Week 8 - Dolphins over Rams (W)
Week 9 - Buffalo Bills over Seahawks (W)
Week 10 - Seahawks over Rams (L)

Season: 5-5
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Welp, this is definitely a different year......so far Stillers have won every game they were supposed to win.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad