Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Tocchet craping all over a bunch of his.lineup. Can't wait for the canucks luck to run out next year and they can realize this grumpy guy yelling at them all the time doesn't just automatically translate to wins without the luck. Seems like a short shelf life kinda coach.
You’d think so but he was in Phoenix for something like 7 or 8 years.
It’s not a high stick though. I’m confused what the issue is.
Fraudman probably lost several hundred dollars betting on the game with a Canucks win parlayed with an OT victory.

The guy is just not a very good Dman, he’s getting paid #1 money for at best a #4 dman. What happened to his mean streak? The guy has turned into a soft f***ing p***y cat, he use to hit and fight and take no shit.
Someone else mentioned moving up to the forward lines as a power forward. I had the same thoughts. He’s a decent skater with a decent shot. Reverse Brent Burns him. Try it out in the preseason anyways.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Praising Drai for having a Gretzky like playoffs and praising Canucks every time they make a pass are not the same thing.

Canucks regular commentators are all time bag lickers. It’s not surprising their fans think any commentator that doesn’t think they shit gold are pro Oiler.

I recall last night when Perry dished the puck to McLeod for a nice scoring chance, but instead of mentioning it, Simpson started yapping immediately about how Hughes is such an underrated player etc etc. Such a goof.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Late to the party, but anyone who wants some amazing reading should check out the Canucks GDT.

The best part is right after the Canucks tied the game, and someone posts "We got this! Now for the DAGGER!"

Ohhhhh it was a dagger alright... :naughty:
Imagine getting outplayed and chasing the score for the majority of the game and then proclaiming victory after tying it.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
None shall pass! Bozo doesn't pass, just stares at the stick not knowing whats going on with that perma glazed look of his. Meanwhile his teammate, Miller, is getting his face fed, and then screams at Bozo several times on bench that he didn't have his back. Bozo continues with the glazed expression thinking about what vacation will be like.
Oilers need to keep going after Miller. He is a dish it out but can’t take it type player. When he smashed his stick on the boards in frustration and 2 Oilers immediately went after him you could see him absolutely boiling. Then you see him yelling at teammates. This is when you grind him into the boards every play, scrum, whistle.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
I recall last night when Perry dished the puck to McLeod for a nice scoring chance, but instead of mentioning it, Simpson started yapping immediately about how Hughes is such an underrated player etc etc. Such a goof.
I can’t watch sportsnet they are just awful. Oilers dominating the game, have the two best players, but let’s gush over another nucks player. It’s stupid.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I can’t watch sportsnet they are just awful. Oilers dominating the game, have the two best players, but let’s gush over another nucks player. It’s stupid.

Felt more of a glazing nucks commentary game if anything. Guess Simpson and Cuthbert have to gobble on the nucks dick since they can't do it to the leafs anymore.

I generally like Cuthbert but his "MattHEws hAS nOW SCoREd 70" after Matthews scored his one (and only) goal in the playoffs was so stupid to hear.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I mean, he does get a lot of minutes and other teams purposefully put their best lines out against him and Ceci or whoever he's with. At least splitting up the most braindead duo in the league paid off tonight.
Actually, he plays a lot of middling lines. He has been deployed as a 3rd pair since the beginning of March

So happy for Pickard, didn’t show any rust and provided a calm, not only for us fans but likely his teammates as well.
Gotta run with him now, I don’t want to see Skinner any time soon.
Not if they ask Dusty

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Any word on Demko? Would they really start him with how silov is playing?
According to Frank Serivalli on Oilers nations a few minutes ago, hes started taking shots in practice. Frank said not game 5, but possibly ready for game 6 on Saturday.

It's a hard decision because Silovs has been the Canucks best player in the series.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
What a dumb rule the stick above the shoulder is. Taller players get to hit it higher? In Draisaitl's case, his left shoulder may have been a little lower than the stick, but his right shoulder was above the stick...which shoulder is it?

How nice is it to get average goaltending? Oilers could ride that through the playoffs.

When did Nurse become bad at everything? Doesn't cover his man, can't pass, bad pinches, no longer mean and doesn't rush the puck anymore.

Are Bouchard's post game interviews pre-taped? Would never know he just scored the game winner or overtime goal. Ice blood.

Reactions: Oilhawks

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I have tickets to game 6 - but I’m not sure I can handle it unless we’re up 3-2. :laugh:

So bad for the blood pressure.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
12ACB4A9-FCF8-4837-85F0-8897DD4A09F2.gif
LMAO

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Oilers need to keep going after Miller. He is a dish it out but can’t take it type player. When he smashed his stick on the boards in frustration and 2 Oilers immediately went after him you could see him absolutely boiling. Then you see him yelling at teammates. This is when you grind him into the boards every play, scrum, whistle.
I agree and Evander Kane is really bringing it physically
He had multiple impactful hits in last nights game and one of those hits created the turnover which turned into the game winning goal.
Kanes value really shines hrough in the playoffs.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
What a dumb rule the stick above the shoulder is. Taller players get to hit it higher? In Draisaitl's case, his left shoulder may have been a little lower than the stick, but his right shoulder was above the stick...which shoulder is it?

The rulebook says the puck can’t be above the shoulders when contacted so as long as you have one shoulder up you are good.

Taller players do get an advantage with this but the problem is there is usually nothing else around the play for the refs to use as reference except for the players themselves. If they changed it to “above the crossbar” like goals the refs would be lost making that call in the neutral zone.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
He had multiple impactful hits in last nights game and one of those hits created the turnover which turned into the game winning goal.
His physical play is just in time. Things were getting nasty out there.

Good game by Pickard. Its interesting that the Oilers have over $20M in contract obligations to 2 goaltenders over the next 3 years and there is a decent chance that neither of them will play another playoff game for the Oilers. Ah, the webs we weave.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Felt more of a glazing nucks commentary game if anything. Guess Simpson and Cuthbert have to gobble on the nucks dick since they can't do it to the leafs anymore.

I generally like Cuthbert but his "MattHEws hAS nOW SCoREd 70" after Matthews scored his one (and only) goal in the playoffs was so stupid to hear.
they have to pump the nucks up, they both know they will be talking about the oilers for the next series

Reactions: Oilhawks

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

How nice is it to get average goaltending? Oilers could ride that through the playoffs.

When did Nurse become bad at everything? Doesn't cover his man, can't pass, bad pinches, no longer mean and doesn't rush the puck anymore.

Are Bouchard's post game interviews pre-taped? Would never know he just scored the game winner or overtime goal. Ice blood.

I kind of get that, but there really isn't another measuring stick of what's a high-stick vs what isn't. I mean average height in the NHL is right around 6'1" with the shortest player being 5'7" (Caufield and DeBrincat) and the tallest being 6'8" (Myers) so the difference at most is a foot or so, with most guys varying about 6 inches. The puck itself end on end is 3", so at most you're getting an average disadvantage of 3 inches to a maximum of 9 inches if you're a short player. Telling 3" difference is nearly impossible at game speed so most guys are judged fairly with only the biggest guys getting a measurable advantage.

Most pucks at that height get played with the hand anyways. Just glad Draisaitl was aware of his stick and body postioning enough that he toed the line but didn't go over.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Love the bench's reaction

That's just awesome.

Whether he hurt Hronek a bit or just got in his head after that massive hit, just before the goal he didn't try to defend Kane at all.

He's having a positive impact for this team this run, even if it's not always on the score sheet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad