NFL: Upset of the Week - Week 1 Back To Football

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Yes, it is back and better than ever by hugely popular demand!!! :laugh: As a reminder & for those who may be new, the rules are very simple. The team you pick must be at least a one point underdog at time of kickoff (so if you pick early in the week like I do, & your pick is no longer an underdog by kickoff, you will need to re-pick). And again, it does not matter whether YOU believe your pick or someone else's pick is an upset....if its an underdog by at least 1, it is fair game. That said......good luck to all!

So, I am going to start the year exactly as I started last season, hopefully with a better result. Even though its only week 1, I consider this an absolute must win for Miami. With Buffalo next up, they cannot afford to start another season 0-2 (and especially 0-2 in the division). Yeah, everyone is raving about Mac Jones but I think an opportunistic Dolphins defense will keep him in check & as a respected fellow poster would say....."It's Tua Time Baybee!" My week 1 official pick is:

Dolphins over Pats

Pats favored by 2 & 1/2

NFL Week 1 Lines 2021: Betting Odds At US Sportbook Apps (thelines.com)(waiting for footballlocks to wake up!)

Last Season: 6-11

Last Season's champ: @WeHaveBeenFletched

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m looking at the Bengals as a home dog to the Vikings. I haven’t seen hardly any of the Bengals preseason but I saw a lot from the Vikings and they looked like they couldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag. Preseason results good or bad don’t always translate, but it’s really all I got to go by right now.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Hawks over Colts. Might be a tight game due to a good Colts defense but gimme Russell Wilson over any Colts QB in a close game.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
This seems like fun, I'm in.

As of now, according to the link in the OP, WFT is a 1-point underdog to LAC. I'll take the Football team here. If the line changes before kickoff to favor Washington and I don't get a chance to edit my post in time, I'll join PanthersPens62 and take Miami over New England.

Last edited:

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
Hmm, I guess I misread or the odds changed. Anyhow, Colts vs. Seahawks seems to be missing but ESPN shows Seahawks as -2,5 favorite. I suppose I'll wait a few days before I pick again.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I updated the OP with a different odds site as the one I originally had was missing the Colts/Seahawks game. Please note Seattle is now favored by 2 & 1/2 so those who picked Seattle will likely need to re-pick.

There are a ton of low point spreads this week (Picking outright winners in the weekly game picks contest this week is going to be brutal) so remember to check right before kickoff to make sure your pick is still an underdog at kickoff.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Saw a quote from a book about how Cowboys guard Zach Martin getting covid won't move the line on that game. As God awful as the Cowboys o-line depth is, this might be an interesting one to look at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad