Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Letang Out vs CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Maatta probably tweaked his groin when he got walked in the 2nd last night.
a joke but, if he got any kind of nagging groin injury he'd need a walker out there to get around. that could be a career ending groin pull

Last edited:

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
So what is the best case for Schultz? Beginning of February?

I would love to get him back for a handful of games before the deadline so we can analyze if we need to make more moves on D.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So what is the best case for Schultz? Beginning of February?

I would love to get him back for a handful of games before the deadline so we can analyze if we need to make more moves on D.

Initially was mid-Feb. So any earlier is a bonus. I think he'll get a good 5-10 games before TDL though.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Ease him, he hasn't skated in 4 months. Let him get his full conditioning. Agree with @EdwardBlake, he should get 3-4 games in WBS for a conditioning stint.

He's still 5 weeks away from initial estimate. I think they ARE easing him right now. He shouldn't need AHL games vs hard practice with the NHL club.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If he's skating now, that likely means he should be ready within a few weeks, no? I could see him being back before the end of January, which would be a huge addition for the team.

Dumoulin with Letang, Maatta with Schultz and Pettersson with Johnson? I love those defensive pairs.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

giphy.gif

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Absolutely love that he is skating. I hope that adding him into this team clicking right now is like poring gas on the fire, I only worry about his conditioning.

The good news is that the team is playing so well that we shouldn't feel compelled to rush him. He can practice for awhile to help get back up to speed before seeing game action - no substitute for the real thing, but it's a head start.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Trocheck had a very similar injury and surgery and looks like he'll be back in Feb sometime.
He went down a week or 2 after Schultz i think...?
I'd expect Schultz back mid Feb at the latest.
Late January, earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad