Confirmed with Link: Updated: Tampa released G Ray Emery from PTO's

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I think everyone would be very pleased if Guds emerged as the man. But I think he has a lot to prove. That said, he definitely seems to play his best hockey in exactly that situation.

People keep saying this, but he hasn't really been good consistently at any level. He was handed the starting job in Syracuse when Vasi got called up, and just **** the bed.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
People keep saying this, but he hasn't really been good consistently at any level. He was handed the starting job in Syracuse when Vasi got called up, and just **** the bed.

He **** the bed for about a 6 game streak at the end of the season. He also had good streaks for that long or longer. Which is pretty much expected in a young goalie.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Sorry to hear that. Hope he handles the retirement stuff well, time to find a new hobby....

Why do I worry for him by the way ? The man made more money the past handful of years than I'll make in my whole life

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
He **** the bed for about a 6 game streak at the end of the season. He also had good streaks for that long or longer. Which is pretty much expected in a young goalie.

Also the middle of the season, and also the start.

Lots of bed-******** all around. For being very athletic, he moves post to post poorly, makes bad reads, can't follow the puck well through traffic. Hes physically capable of doing it, but really, not sure his head is.

Hes barely average in Syracuse, he'll be below average here.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Yeah, but look what he's done in high pressure situations. He was great when Vasy was pushing him for the starting job. Not so good when the job was handed to him. He was great when we need him for 1 game against Montreal in the playoffs. Then there was the Olympics. When he gets himself motivated to have a good night, he tends to have it. And he's had a good camp, by every report I've seen. The problem is, like you said, consistency.

Our other option is Poulin, who's been about an average AHL goalie. I think we're better off going with the guy we know.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Yeah, but look what he's done in high pressure situations. He was great when Vasy was pushing him for the starting job. Not so good when the job was handed to him. He was great when we need him for 1 game against Montreal in the playoffs. Then there was the Olympics. When he gets himself motivated to have a good night, he tends to have it. And he's had a good camp, by every report I've seen. The problem is, like you said, consistency.

Our other option is Poulin, who's been about an average AHL goalie. I think we're better off going with the guy we know.

It won't happen. Its a waste of his time to sit the bench here - if they believed in Kristers for the backup job, do you think they'd give a PTO to one guy, release him, and then pick up another from waivers?

He'll be pushed for the SYR starting job by some combo of Wilcox and York. We'll see.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It won't happen. Its a waste of his time to sit the bench here - if they believed in Kristers for the backup job, do you think they'd give a PTO to one guy, release him, and then pick up another from waivers?

He'll be pushed for the SYR starting job by some combo of Wilcox and York. We'll see.

I think Wilcox can definitely push him for the starter's job in Syracuse. I also think they're not sold on giving him the backup job, thus Poulin. But Poulin's still should have to win the job at camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad