Confirmed with Link: Updated: Tampa released G Ray Emery from PTO's

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Not really surpring. Hope he works out but even if he doesn't it's probably just for a few games anyway

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Martindale actually played as our 1st line Center last year in Syracuse. Played a lot with Marchessault. He'd be better suited for like a 4th C option. That's the competition for Darcy probably.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Might as well give Kristers the nod, if we rather trust Emery who have been struggling a lot in recent years then the organization has no faith in Kristers.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Emery because of his hip has the worst lateral movement in crease among NHL netminders IMO

He at this point is less effective then Nabokov who didn't work out for you guys last year

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

If Martindale returns to the Crunch, he'll give their center depth a little more size too.

Not crazy about Emery, but at the very least he'll provide some more competition in training camp. Hopefully that's as long as he stays

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Emery because of his hip has the worst lateral movement in crease among NHL netminders IMO

He at this point is less effective then Nabokov who didn't work out for you guys last year

I just looked at their stats last season and even though Emery was terrible Nabokov somehow managed to be worse in every single category behind a much better team. I mean Emery might be just as bad this year but I'm not ready to believe he's worse just yet. Nabokov set a pretty high(low?) bar for ineffectiveness.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe Erne can pick up a few pointers in camp from Emery. :laugh:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Say what you want about Emery. Seems to be he was back up in Chicago when they won the Cup a couple of years ago. Dont remember hearing too much about issues then. Guy is a warrior, we need to give him a chance to see what he has to offer before we hand the back up role over to an un-reliable KG.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
People were telling us Bishop was horrible and slow laterally all playoffs, so that might not be such a big deal if he can still find ways to stop it while we cut the dangerous passes down.

Not that I don't think it could easily be another fail goalie signing.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Am I missing something or is Bish not expected to be ready for the beginning of the season?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
eeh5Qw1.jpg

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well it makes sense. Emery was about the last vet goalie out there. I personally hope Guds can beat him out at the training camp, but if he canr, then we will be glad to have Emery for a few games. I don't think Emery is going to be very good, but at least he can add a veteran voice to the training camp. Give the boys a fight for the spot.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Well it makes sense. Emery was about the last vet goalie out there. I personally hope Guds can beat him out at the training camp, but if he canr, then we will be glad to have Emery for a few games. I don't think Emery is going to be very good, but at least he can add a veteran voice to the training camp. Give the boys a fight for the spot.

Stats say Emery is very washed up. I echo that I hope Guds can beat him

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stats say Emery is very washed up. I echo that I hope Guds can beat him

I think everyone would be very pleased if Guds emerged as the man. But I think he has a lot to prove. That said, he definitely seems to play his best hockey in exactly that situation.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

With Emery, hopefully not literally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad