Updated ISS rankings

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Perron is first time eligible.
He is enjoying a nice rookie season in the Q.

CH Wizard

Perron is first time eligible.
He is enjoying a nice rookie season in the Q.

I know David and I've seen him play quite a few times. He's my friend's buddy and he used to play Midget A two years ago which isn't even a high caliber Midget league. He has made tremendous improvements (I'm speechless) but he needs to bulk up, the skills are there but his style might not work in the NHL...but who knows that's why he's a prospect. Should be picked early...2nd round imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
No, David is 2nd year eligible.

In his last years he went midget house- Jr.A- QMJHL, an enormous jump

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Best list I've seen so far...

I agree. From what little I know of all these guys, this list seems to be the most accurate as far as I can tell. I do think that Gillies is higher on the list than what I've read would suggest, but I'd really like to hear from ISS what they see in him.

Last edited:

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Gillies seems quite high, especially with all the talk of him likely being selected in the 2nd rnd

I was wondering the same thing.

I keep reading these stories where they talk about how weak a skater he is and how that just won't fly in the new NHL. I have not seen him play. Can anyone give me an eyes on assessment of this guy?

Bobby39

Jan 19, 2007

I keep reading these stories where they talk about how weak a skater he is and how that just won't fly in the new NHL. I have not seen him play. Can anyone give me an eyes on assessment of this guy?

What about Katic.....How can he not be in your Top 30.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Andersson scored 2 goals yesterday in U 18 Sweden -Russia game yeserday.
Mayorov scored for Russia, Owuya let 2 goals from 29 shots.
Other notable prospects: Simon Hjalmarsson-goal, Andre Pettersson(2008 eligble)-1 goal.

Mattias Tedenby(2008 eligble) and Victor Hedman(2009 eligble) also dominated the game, and got some points.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
What about Katic.....How can he not be in your Top 30.

It seems that people are all over the place in their opinion of Katic. If I recall correctly, CSB has him at No. 60 for just North American skaters, let alone overall. Apparently, he doesn't get involved physically at all, so even with his great skating, he drops.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Plante moved up now didn't he? He is huge-a man mountain!! I'm somewhat surprised that Gillies is higher then Sutter.

fatnickmo

Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
Bill Sweatt was ranked No. 37 in January and No. 33 this month. So, nothing happened to him. He climbed in our rankings. He made a big climb, about 20 spots after his performance at the world juniors.

Sorry, it must have been another list I was thinking about that had him higher or maybe just something I read on one of these boards. Anyway, thanks for the quick response.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar

There are some other threads with ample extreme views in either direction on Gillies if you want to search for them.

I have to wonder where you heard he was a weak skater, however, as that is usually listed as one of his greatest strengths.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Glad to see Brad Phillips FINALLY getting some attention on the goalie rankings. The dude has a bright future ahead of him.

And Sweatt at 33? WAY too low. Hoeffel ahead of him? Ludicrous!

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
It seems that people are all over the place in their opinion of Katic. If I recall correctly, CSB has him at No. 60 for just North American skaters, let alone overall. Apparently, he doesn't get involved physically at all, so even with his great skating, he drops.
I don't know, I generally find that Katic gets involved often enough, considering his size anyway... just that he's basically completely ineffective at it, regardless of the effort being there. And for all his skating strengths (and reportedly good character and attitude, etc), the bottom line is that if he's going to take his package to the next level with the kind of impact desired out of a 1st round pick, then he HAS to be contributing significantly on the offensive side. And thus far, I don't know that the offensive impact is really where it needs to be to make him a true consensus 1st round pick. Those who think it will be can bump him up. But for those who aren't sure, it's fair enough to keep him in the 2nd round, IMHO. Right now, with all the options available on D this year, I can't really see Katic as a guy I'd pick in the 1st round if I wanted D. I do want to be wrong about that, though. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad