4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
NESN will announce their schedule during Red Sox game tonight

July 30 (Exhibition) Columbus 7 PM - NHLN, TVAS
Aug 2 - Philadelphia - 3 PM NBC, SN, TVAS
Aug 5 - Tampa Bay 4 PM - NBCSN, SN, TVAS
Aug 9 - Washington - TBA

Fenway, any chance NESN shows at least the Exhibition ?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Most likely on NESNplus - Jack and Brick will need a practice game calling off a monitor

Sox game at the Mets on the 30th is national, according to Red Sox, so...what would NESN be showing? NESN already has the exhibition game listed provisionally, at least on my FiOS guide.

Honestly, if they can create 5 hours of "Bruins: Back to Work" programming over the past 2 weeks in Watertown, they can sit down and watch a truly meaningless hockey game for 3 hours, for those of us who are starved for hockey. And, as you did note, it's a good idea to have that game to get the kinks out of the system.

I assume no NESN for our debut, and I assume both other round robin games get shown on NESN somehow - whether it's on NESN+ or on the regular station, depending on Red Sox schedule.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I noticed the exhibition game on the NHL.tv calendar and thought it was an error.

Interesting... Columbus is a good team for the warm up game. Not a great team but semi physical and plays heavy, defensive, and blocking shots. Might be a wake up call for any dozing Bruins.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NESN has confirmed they are showing the games with Columbus and Tampa

NESN last night during the Sox game also said they were showing the game against Philly which was noticed by NBC suits in Toronto watching NESN's telecast on Sportsnet.

As a rule, when a game is put on the peacock mothership it is exclusive so :dunno:

The game with Washington has been moved to August 9th but the start time and channel depend on if there are other games that day.

Sunday, Aug. 9

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Best-of-5 series
Florida Panthers vs. New York Islanders, Game 5*, TBD
Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Toronto Maple Leafs, Game 5*, TBD
Round-robin
Boston Bruins vs. Washington Capitals, TBD

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Best-of-5 series
Minnesota Wild vs. Vancouver Canucks, Game 5*, TBD
Arizona Coyotes vs. Nashville Predators, Game 5*, TBD
Round-robin